Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Macadamia nuts - where do you buy them? page 4

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Man, they closed the Genuardi's by my house. That place actually had a nut counter with dozens of varieties. They had raw unsalted AND raw salted macadamias for $7.99/lb. It was amazing. I'm so upset they closed. I have other options but they're not good by comparison - Trader Joe's sells them for $8.49 for a 12 oz bag. Whole Foods is nearby but they're ridiculous. Shop Rite also sells them for $5.99 for a 10 oz bag.

For chocolate covered macadamias, do what I do:

Step 1: Buy dark chocolate.
    Step 2: Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler.
    Step 3: Make your own chocolate-covered nuts with this:

Amazon.com: CK Products 1-Inch Deep Truffle Chocolate Mold: Kitchen & Dining

Amazon.com: CK Products 1-1/4-Inch Deep Rose Chocolate Mold: Kitchen & Dining

I have many different molds and love them.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 07-17-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

HealthyGirl is offline Member

Annakay is offline Junior Member
    I was in Costco today looking for Macadamia nuts but they don't seem to do them here in the UK.

MidwestPaleo is offline Junior Member
    I just got my 5 pounds of raw, unsalted mac nuts for $66 including shipping from bayside candy on ebay. This is the second time this year I have ordered from them. The last order was 3lbs for $32 shipped but, as noted already, mac nut prices have risen. I bought 5lbs to get the best price per pound and keep the bulk in the freezer. The Mega-Kroger near me used to carry macs in bulk bins in their little two-aisle organic/health section, but once they sold that bin out they never replaced it. The nearest Whole Foods or Trader Joe's is an hour drive, so scouting the best internet price is my go-to. Now to find beef bacon that mega-Kroger used to carry....

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I just can't bring myself to buy some nuts for a price that is higher than what I pay for my grass fed beef.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    If you're in the northeastern US near a Market Basket they carry them whole/raw for about $16/lb. Not sure as the bag is not a whole pound.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234