Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Macadamia nuts - where do you buy them? page 3

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    umm.. i may regret asking this... but does anyone know where i can get chocolate-covered macadamia nuts?? i had some a few years ago that some friends brought back from hawaii, and they were soooooo good!!

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Mauna Loa macadamias on Amazon have skyrocketed just the last 30 days. Three 12 oz bags went from $22 (subscription price) to $35. Back to Planters' macadmias from WalMart for a while.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    umm.. i may regret asking this... but does anyone know where i can get chocolate-covered macadamia nuts?? i had some a few years ago that some friends brought back from hawaii, and they were soooooo good!!
    It would be easy to make your own. And the added benefit is that you know exactly what's in 'em. Melt unsweetened chocolate with a bit of butter. Dip raw nuts. Set on parchment paper. Enjoy.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

GrokMendoza is offline Member
    I think Im going to try that. Thanks!!

mcbird is offline Junior Member
    All the roasted macadamia nuts from nutsonline are roasted in peanut oil––no thanks!!!

Trader Joe's has the best deal I've found: dry roasted Macadamia nuts (from Australia) for around $8/10oz. bag. It's hard to find them anywhere else for less than $1/oz.

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member
    wish I could afford them. hard as i try, cannot part with $9.99 for an 6oz jar!

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I just bought several pounds of raw organic macadamia nuts from nuts.com they were 18 bucks/lb. With shipping (3 lbs.) it was just over $20/lb. I like roasted and salted better, but I'm getting used to these, maybe too used to them :-)

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I walk outside and pick them up off the ground (right time of year of course) I do buy them too, just about anywhere - organic store, newsagency, supermarket, markets... (but then, I do live in Queensland )

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I live out in the sticks with no good stores for foods, and I get all my nuts and nut butters from Nuts.com. They have the best customer service in the world--as well as the fastest shipping.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I will only buy my raw macadamias from places that keep them refrigerated. It makes a gigantic difference in the flavor. Unfortunately, Whole Foods (or at least the ones near me) do not refrigerate them. But I have found a local market that does.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast