Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kufta burgers on Oopsie Roll with Rutabaga Chips YUM YUM page

fieldofroses1 is offline Member

Kufta burgers on Oopsie Roll with Rutabaga Chips YUM YUM

Shop Now
    You can find the pics here: http://paleomiddleeastern.blog.com/

This is the Ultimate Dinner for me especially when I’m craving comfort food. There are a few components to this dish, but they are easily prepared. Here is what you’ll need

Oopsie Roll
    10 eggs, whites and yolks seperated
    6 TB Mayo (I use Duke’s SF Mayo)
    1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
    1 tsp Salt
    1/2 tsp Pepper
    1 tsp Baking powder
    2 cookie sheets
    oil spray

Heat oven to 350

In a bowl, add egg whites and cream of tartar and whip until it becomes stiff and forms peaks. In a seperate bowl add egg yolks, Mayo, salt, pepper and baking powder and mix well together. Slowly add the yolk mixture to the whipped egg whites. Make sure you DON”T mix, but fold the yolk mixture in. This will take some patience but the results will be great. Now take the cookie sheets, spray them with oil spray, and using an ice cream scooper, scoop two scoops to make one roll and flatten with the back of a spatula. Continue until you’re done, I usually get 12 pieces, you can do just one scoop if you like, but to me they seem to hold their shape better this way. Bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and let them sit in the warm oven for at least 1/2 an hour. Watch them every 10 minutes to make sure they don’t burn. Mine were the desired doneness after 30 minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack, when cool them put them in a ziplock bag and put them in the fridge and use when necessary. Mine don’t last more than a couple of days. Oopsie rolls are often made with cream cheese, but for me I have to eleminate dairy, so mayo is a great alternative. Those rolls are more flaky than the one’s made with cheese, but they hold their shape just fine when used.

Kufta

2 lbs ground beef
    1 medium tomato finely chopped
    1/2 small onion finely chopped
    4 large garlic cloves finely minced
    1/2 of a hot pepper finely minced (eleminate if you don’t want a kick in your Kufta)
    salt and pepper to taste
    a pinch of nutmeg
    1/2 tsp Ghee spices

Heat oven to 400

In a bowl, mix the beef and the rest of the ingredients. In an oven pan add the Kufta mixture and make sure its evenly distrubuted. Make sure the oven is hot when you add the kufta pan. Cook the kufta for 25 minutes then check to see if its done, depending on your oven temperature and the thickness of your meat. Turn the broiler on and broil for 2-3 minutes until the top has a browning color on it. If you need more time to cook your kufta, you can leave it for another 10 minutes, and check it. Don’t leave it in there too long, otherwise it will overcook and becomes dry. Take out of the oven and cut into desired shapes, mine were squares and NJOY
    Rutabega Chips

2 Medium Rutabega
    Titan Vegetable Peeler
    Frying Oil
    salt to taste
    Bowl lined with paper towl

You’ll need to peel the rutabaga first. Then cut it into three sections. Using the peeler, start “slicing” as if you’re still peeling it, creating the chips. The rutabaga is a little hard to do this, but its doable, it just takes a little strength. You can certainly use a mandoline vegetable slicer, but I don’t have one, so I resort to my peeler. I also used the Titan String peeler to make string chips. Heat the oil, now you have to be careful when adding the rutabaga into the hot oil, the water content in them raises the oil (I assume), so you have to fry them in small quantities. Please note that the Rutabaga will shrink in size as well as it is fried. When the rutabaga starts to brown, remove and add to a bowl lined with paper towl. Sprinkle with Salt, toss and allow to cool for a few minutes. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RUTABAGA WILL BE LIMP WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT OF THE OIL, IT WILL CRIPS UP WHILE THE PAPER TOWL SOAKS UP THE OIL, THIS WILL TAKE UP TO 5 MINUTES

To make the Burger, you need two Oopsies rolls, Mayo/mustard/ketchup, onions, tomato and any other toppings you like. Make the burger as you would a regular burger, add the Rutabage chips and you have the BEST DAMN BURGER ON THE LOW CARB PLANET. NJOY.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Around here that's called a meatloaf sandwich.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    How do the chips compare to regular potato chips? Same texture, or more like corn chips?

the chips are crunchy, they have a sweet note to them, they are not gritty though like corn chips, but you have to try them and see what they taste like for you. I have to say, i used to loooooooooooove potato chips, with these chips, I don't miss potatoes at all, and you can add seasoning to them to change things up a bit. hope this helps

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Thanks fieldofroses. I was never into sweets, but the salty snacks like chips and pretzels were always my favorites. I tried rutabega in a stew the other day for the first time, and I think it would make an excellent mash. I'll give the chips a try.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I've done a similar chip thing with jicama. I love crispy things.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I really need to try making oopsie rolls next time I do pulled pork. It's just not the same all by itself!!! It NEEDS a bun.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    This makes me want rutabaga.

If you guys ever want to make delicious chips at home, try taro roots. I think they're fairly carby, so not something to eat very often if you're watching your carbs, but they're sooo delicious fried in coconut oil and sprinkled with salt.

no problem hope u like them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast