Thread: Primal dinner is in the oven!! BBQ Pork Chops page

Primal dinner is in the oven!! BBQ Pork Chops

Shop Now
    BBQ Pork Chops - approx. 10 Grams carb per serving ****This is not perfect primal but I'm working on it, LOL*******

2 pork chops
    1 onion chopped
    5 TBS worchestershire
    4 TBS ketchup (I use one without HFCS) 5grams carb per TBSP
    Garlic Powder
    Pepper
    Seasonings of choice
    water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown chops on both sides (I like to add the onions now to sort of saute in the pork fat). Get your dutch oven out and add in the worchestershire, ketchup, seasonings. Add half the onions into the sauce. You can also brown your chops in your dutch oven and make the sauce in a bowl instead. Once browned, place chops in the dutch oven. Add some water so that chops are almost covered. Add the rest of your onions on top. Put the lid on and put in oven. Let cook for one hour and check. You want the sauce to reduce and be boiling. If it has reduced more than half turn your oven down to 325 degrees. Cook another half hour to hour until the meat is falling off the bone.

MY HOUSE SMELLS SOOOOOOO GOOD RIGHT NOW. My hubby will go nuts when he walks in the door. LOL

Going to serve with a BAS (didn't have one for lunch).

I also have 4 more chops cooking in cream of mush soup with fresh mushrooms - approx 7 carbs per serving. This will be tomorrow's dinner meat.

What do you guys think? Sound ok? I am really trying to cut carbs out. Can anyone point me to a baked chop recipe that is real saucy like either of these? I just love meat with sauce sometimes. LOL

JCDUFFY is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi, made this today, it was great. Didn't have time for the extra hours worth of cooking, yet wonderful just the same. Gotta find some ketchup without HFCS though. JCDUFFY