Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Insurance Physical Warning page

Mandolin is offline Senior Member

Life Insurance Physical Warning

Primal Fuel
    I'm about to get a physical for a life insurance policy, and this was the *warning* at the end of the "how to prepare" page:

"Starving yourself for two days may not be the smartest way to lower your cholesterol. Try eating healthy, low-fat, low-cholesterol foods for two days instead. Remember, your brain needs glucose!"

Geez, I hope I pass!
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Fideo is offline Junior Member
    I was referred to my companies health insurance provider's Healthy Food Choices hotline due to my survey responses. I am pretty sure it was the fat intake question and lack of "whole wheat" that did it. They didn't stop calling me for weeks.

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fideo View Post
    They didn't stop calling me for weeks.
    Greeaaaattt...why am I thinking this might turn out badly?
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I would just tell them what they want to hear rather than be bothered by them for weeks. It doesn't matter how you explain your diet if its not what they want you to eat. Just tell them you eat low-fat, low-cholesterol foods.

emmie is online now Senior Member
    I get regular lipid panels when my endo checks my thyroid levels, and I've found that the cholesterol is very malleable in terms of what I ate the day before! If I eat salmon instead of steak the day before the blood draw, my numbers will be much better than if I eat the steak. I've never done this deliberately; just noticed the differences that my day-before-eating creates. I don't think those numbers are as 'reliable' as doctors and insurance companies want us to believe. If I were being tested for insurance purposes, I'd eat a BA salad with EVOO the day before, fish as my protein, and a large dose of my fish oil supplement.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    If you have higher cholesterol they want to charge lots more for life insurance. Perhaps they will soon figure out that they will have to pay out less for those of us not on the SAD.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    ^^I have a somewhat similar situation going on but it involves smoking. I quit a while back with the help of an e cig which I still use. I am still treated like a smoker because the e cig juice contains nicotine. It is really aggravating, but there is no way around it.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fideo View Post
    I was referred to my companies health insurance provider's Healthy Food Choices hotline due to my survey responses. I am pretty sure it was the fat intake question and lack of "whole wheat" that did it. They didn't stop calling me for weeks.
    I'd just lie on the survey & have no moral qualms

If the system is setup against you and based on myths and not truths.....

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I don't know why I'm suddenly so leery of answering these questions directly to insurance companies. My current health insurer is offering $35 cash to "register" for some sort of ongoing healthy lifestyle makeover advice. I prefer to keep things between me and my MD. Thankfully my life insurance has no exam requirement.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad we don't have this kind of crap in Canada. Or have I just not experienced it yet??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast