Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you play? page

milkycereal is offline Senior Member

How do you play?

Shop Now
    Just curious how some of you guys choose to play?

For me it's handball. There's this shopping center me and my friends always used to chill behind and we'd always play handball against the wall. Its so cheap (just buy a blue ball from sevs) and simple and easy, but its great excercise and a great way to play night or day. We don't play really legit either, its just like ping pong or tennis with the wall. No rules just keep it goin.

Man sometimes we'd get really in the zone and nobody says anything for like an hour. Shit gets intense haha.

Can't wait till it gets warmer out...

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    anything with a frisbee is play for me. i love ultimate and disc golf, or just tossing one back and forth at the beach (diving catches from the tops of sand dunes). i also like to hike, and climb trees and play on rocks while hiking. plus some biking, maybe kite flying, playing with a friend's dog...i suppose anything outside.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I compete in equine endurance racing -- one horse, one rider, one day, 50+ miles.

I also enjoy horse training and working my little organic farm.

Those things plus work fill just about all my time. Whatever is left over goes to reading and writing.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Bouldering, snowboarding, lifting (I think it's fun), working on body skills (planches, flags, levers, handstands, etc), ping-pong, tennis, random yoga, hiking/running, driveway basketball, beach soccer, kan-jam/frisbee/ultimate.

..98% of my play consists of those things I think.

Oh, and Tecmo Superbowl and Marble Madness -- because I still have a working original Nintendo.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    For me, play is more about the attitude than the activity. I've gone on runs that felt like play (no set destination, finding obstacles to jump over, stopping at the playground to climb the monkey bars, racing my jogging partner to the next traffic light, etc), and runs that didn't (the "chronic cardio" type).

Otherwise, I like hiking/urban exploring, working on my property, flying kites, playing casual games like bocce and badminton, chasing the cats around the house, wrestling with my hubs...anything, really.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Aside from my husband and I chasing each other around the house and getting into tickle wars (every day), I don't do as much physical play as I should. I'll ride bikes with my SIL every once in a while, I'll go out and amble around the neighborhood like a kid would (balance beam fences, jumping over stuff, climbing trees, generally making a fool of myself), every once in a while I'll go splash around with my SIL at the college pool.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Deo
    Deo is offline Member
    Working at finding my way to play. Went to the most playful think I could think of, hula hooping and have had some success. Also have a new slack line that I will be taking to the lake. I think the kids will have a blast on it, and so will I. My mentality is coming around...slowly! Next thing I like the look of is paddle boarding! (I am sure everyone here thinks I and BONKERS.)

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I do crew (row), walk miles in the lovely countryside where I live, and dance to the 60s-70s rock hits in the privacy of my house, especially while doing housecleaning--I love to boogie!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    I compete in equine endurance racing -- one horse, one rider, one day, 50+ miles.
    my wife does that! (or she did, till she got a new horse whose tiny, tiny brain couldnt cope with it... )

I used to do rowing, and i do triathlon now, but not sure if that counts as 'play' I do a lot of long, slow bike audax (randonee) rides which I adore.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    my wife does that! (or she did, till she got a new horse whose tiny, tiny brain couldnt cope with it... )
    John Wayne hated horses, and once quipped: The reason a horse's head is so big is to hold all the stupid.

I'm from a horse loving family, but horses and I have never gotten along. But they are lovely to look at.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast