Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pizza crust recipe? page

BikerPike Guest

Primal Fuel

It's a family tradition to have home made Pizza night. Since going Primal we have skipped it but son is coming home from college and wants home made pizza.

What is your favorite Primal pizza crust recipe? Hints to get it crunchy? We normally finish pizza on stone.

amandamarie is offline Junior Member

I have used this pizza crust multiple times and think it is pretty good. I always end up baking it longer than the recipe calls for, but it's tough to get it crunchy. I also use a small round non-stick pan for each crust that I prepare. Good luck!

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower**

1 egg

1 cup mozzarella cheese

1/2tsp fennel

1 tsp oregano

2 tsp parsley

pizza or alfredo sauce

toppings

mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.

danid14 Guest

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I am stuck on almond flour crust. It is so filling and satisfying.

3 cups almond flour

3 eggs

3 tsp olive oil

2 tsp salt

Mix together and form into pizza shape. Make sure to use a non stick surface because this stuff sticks. Bake on 350 for 15 minutes. Put all your sauce and toppings on it and bake for another 15.

I make my own sauce too using SoG recipe.

1 can tomato paste (add water to desired thickness)

1 tsp basil

1 tsp oregano

Heat on the stove and let simmer for a few minutes while crust is baking.

SO GOOD!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Oh yeah and last time I made it, I actually did the calculations to find out how many calories and how many carbs were in each slice including my toppings (turkey bacon, olives, & mushrooms). Came out to be 388 calories per slice and 16 carbs per slice. Best part is no effect on blood sugar.

I tried all of those and none satisfied me like the one that primarily uses Parmesan cheese.

I'm not into too much dairy (Ok, wait, I am, but I try to limit it for weight loss, but I digress....), nor am I into Flaxseed (High O6 content), but when I have pizza, it's a treat anyway, so this is the winner around my house:

Cheese, Flax & Coconut Flour Pizza Crust

Makes four servings

2 cups whole milk organic mozzarella cheese, shredded

2 large organic eggs

2 tablespoons flax meal

2 tablespoons coconut flour

teaspoon baking powder

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper out for baking sheet.

Mix cheese, eggs, flax, coconut flour, and baking powder together until a sticky wet dough is formed.

Spread with a spatula to inch thickness on a baking sheet lined with one piece of parchment paper.

Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Halfway through the baking process, flip crust over by sliding it off the baking sheet with the parchment paper, placing the second piece on the sheet, and turning the crust over unto the new sheet and peeling the old paper off. Return to oven until done baking.

Remove from oven, slide off of parchment paper, and flip over again for cooling. Once crust is cooled, top with sauce, pre-cooked veggies or meats, and cheese. Set crust with toppings under the broiler on high for a minute or two until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

After reading about pizza crust alternatives for months, and this thread, I think I'll just keep pizza to A Very Rare Food, thin crust. And take some starch blockers. Voila.

maba is offline Senior Member

I tried this one - Zucchini Pizza Crust. The crust tasted like a fritta/quiche, tasty nevertheless.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ni-Pizza-Crust

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

So you're going to eat the real deal? I thought you were staying away from wheat?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Note, "A Very Rare Food." Every two months isn't going to kill me. Or even wound me. Actually, I've only had pizza w/crust once in four months, I think. And once w/o crust.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast