Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (ckatto71) page

CKATTO71 is offline Senior Member

I LOVE getting STRONG & SEXY! Finally...My Journal (ckatto71)

Primal Fuel
    I have been doing the 4-hour body, Slow Carb Diet and Exercises since the end of December. My body shape has changed drastically, and I have lost body fat, but not one pound on the scale. At first I was very upset by the scale, but now that I have had to go get new Jeans (Size 8), and I keep getting attention when out in public, I'm not complaining. I really do want to to lose more body fat and keep toning and tightening my body. I'm transitioning to Primal because I want to drop the beans and incorporate more good fats, and the occasional fruits.

Weight: 155lb
    Height: 5'5"
    Body Fat: 30.2% (Calipers)

Here is my After 4-Hour Body, and Before Primal taken about a week ago, and a picture taken before the holidays last year for reference:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CKATTO71; 04-12-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Add Body Stats

I kind of went crazy on fruit the past 2 days and I'm up 2 lbs. I'm a little nervous about this transition but will persist for at least a few months. I tested myself for Keytones, and I'm in the moderate range after only 2 days without beans. During the Slow-Carb I was in the trace amount range most of the week. Yesterday I was able to work in a walk in the cold for 30 minutes, and 100 20# Kettlebell swings. I normally wouldn't have done the KBS but the day I had set aside earlier this week for weights, I had a migraine and only did the minimum. I just knew that my head would explode if I tried to do the KBS!

Today I'm eating more primal:
    Smoothie with Unsweetented Coconut Milk, Chocolate Protein Powder, Athletic Greens, Chia Seeds, 4 Blackberries
    Bacon, 2 Fried Eggs (in bacon grease), 3 Sweet Peppers (sauteed in the bacon grease and ghee)
    1 can tuna with 1 heaping TB Mayonaise over a bed of spinach and 3 raw sweet peppers for lunch.
    Grass-Fed Rib Eye with Asparagus, Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes (used the pan drippings and a little cream to make a sauce)

Last night when I went to bed around 11, I was really hungry. I just went to sleep because I wasn't sure what to do primally. On the SCD I would have had a protein shake.
    Last edited by CKATTO71; 03-10-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Could someone look at my meals yesterday and let me know if I might be eating too much. It feels like I am, but that just might be the learning curve. I'm so used to eating less fat, it just feels so decadent.

Today I lifted heavy things. Incline Bench Press 20#Dumbells 8reps, to failure. 20#KettleBell Swing 50reps x 2. I also did knee military push-ups. I think I was able to pull off 5-6, but the last few weren't too far down. Then I just did some Myotatic Crunches, Glute Extensions, Hip Flexors...

Today's Menu:
    Smoothie with Unsweetened Coconut Milk, Protein Powder, Athletic Greens, 10 Blueberries and 5 Blackberries
    Bacon, Fried Cabbage, and 2 Scrambled Eggs (didn't finish it)
    Tuna with Mayonnaise, 1/2 Avocado, 2 Sweet Peppers and a Spinach Arugula Blend
    Grass-Fed Hamburger with Greenbeans and Bacon, cream sauce
    Greek Yogurt with blueberries, Coconut Sugar and Shredded Coconut
    Last edited by CKATTO71; 03-10-2011 at 08:19 PM.

I have cut out the Protein Powder smoothies, and the berries for now. I'm gaining a little and an inch around the waist since adding fruit back in, so that's out again. This weekend was pretty good:

Saturday: Sprints in the cold. It was my first time, so I had to stop early because I was not prepared. Frozen ears, hands and lungs!
    Sunday: Walking the dog for about 30-45 minutes

Eating only fats, proteins, and veggies all weekend except for a small taste of a candy my friend homemade. It was pure sugar, and I hated it! Thank goodness I just had a tiny bite, it didn't affect my ketostick the next morning at all.

I was supposed to "Lift Heavy Things" yesterday, but I was still really sore from Sprints and pushups on the weekend so I put it off till this morning. Even this morning, it was forced. I ended up hurting my lower back a little (not too bad), and totally bocked by the time I was doing Kettle Bell Swings. I think my carb count was down too low and I just didn't have the energy stores for the workout. So, I refueled with some berries added to my Athletic Greens smoothie, and went ahead and added some protein powder since I needed some BCAA's, extra protein and carbs after working out.

Today's Menu:
    Smoothie- Unsweetened Coconut Milk, 1 Scoop Protein, 1tb Athletic Greens, 2 small handfulls Blueberries
    Breakfast- 6 "Half" pieces uncured bacon, 2 fried eggs
    Lunch- Chipotle Barbacoa Salad with NO BEANS and NO RICE, and a a big dollop of Guacamole
    Snack- 2 squares 88% Dark Chocolate
    Dinner- Chuck Roast with Sauteed Spinach and Burssels Sprouts
    Snack- 3 pieces Pork rinds

Any thoughts?

LOL! Today's Menu is CRAZY! On a positive note: Today I bought a heavier Kettle Bell for my Kettle Bell Swings. I'm now using 30#. I also bought a Pull-Up Bar and started working toward my goal of doing a pull-up by the end of the year. I was on a roll, so I also bought some VFF's! They're so DORKY looking, but I love them! So, now for my menu, HAHA!

Shaken: Unsweetened Coconut Milk, Athletic Greens, Vitamin D3 drops
    Snack: Whole Avocado
    Lunch: Tuna, Mayonaise, Romainne Lettuce, Sweet peppers, Feta Cheese Crumbles
    Snack: Carb Conscious Protein Bar
    Dinner: Pork Rinds, a Newmans Own 70% Dark Chocolate Bar, 1 cup Original Coconut Milk

How lame is that dinner! I was stuck away from my kitchen and had to make due with what I had.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CKATTO71 View Post
    Could someone look at my meals yesterday and let me know if I might be eating too much. It feels like I am, but that just might be the learning curve. I'm so used to eating less fat, it just feels so decadent.

Today I lifted heavy things. Incline Bench Press 20#Dumbells 8reps, to failure. 20#KettleBell Swing 50reps x 2. I also did knee military push-ups. I think I was able to pull off 5-6, but the last few weren't too far down. Then I just did some Myotatic Crunches, Glute Extensions, Hip Flexors...

Today's Menu:
    Smoothie with Unsweetened Coconut Milk, Protein Powder, Athletic Greens, 10 Blueberries and 5 Blackberries
    Bacon, Fried Cabbage, and 2 Scrambled Eggs (didn't finish it)
    Tuna with Mayonnaise, 1/2 Avocado, 2 Sweet Peppers and a Spinach Arugula Blend
    Grass-Fed Hamburger with Greenbeans and Bacon, cream sauce
    Greek Yogurt with blueberries, Coconut Sugar and Shredded Coconut
    Hi. Well done on thechange of body shape.

Hard to say if you're eating too much. Doesn't sound like it but there are no quantities. If the weight shedding is important, I'd drop fruit to no more than 1 serve per day and forget about sugar of any sort. Note that it is really easy to pour calories into smoothies, hence into yourself. Easiest way to prevent this is to not liquidise your food. If you want to have the smoothies, count what goes into them (see below that you've dropped them )

Good luck. Its hard to get used to having so much fat. Just don't overindulge. You should only be eating until you are no longer hungry. Eating until you are full can stall weight shedding
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I didn't get enough water in this weekend, and had to eat out a lot, but I think I was able to stay quite primal. My Carb Addicted husband really enjoyed both dinners I prepared even though they didn't include breads or grains. He did however crave carbs bad the next mornings.

This weekend I was able to work in some Kettlebell swings, and some pull-ups, but that's about it. I was out of town when I would have been doing my 2nd round of sprints, so I'll have to work them in sometime this week. After getting the Vibrams this past week, my right calf has knotted up on me, so it's probably best that I couldn't ge to the sprints as I needed more healing time.

I'm waiting for my 10 day PMS window to get over with because I started Primal at the beginning and I can't tell if I'm gaining or losing fat until it's over. Today I was going to skip lunch but ended up eating a Curry Chicken Salad that had apple and honey in it. And tonight I have had WAY too much dark chocolate! Oh well, Tomorrow is a new day.

Today I think I had:

Cottage Cheese and blackberries
    Scramble with 3 eggs, Sweet Peppers, Kale and Ghee
    Athletic Greens in Water

Curry Chicken Salad over greens with Cucumber and Cherry Tomatoes

1 Whole Avocado with Seasoning Salt and Hot Sauce

Chicken Thigh Yellow Curry with Peppers and Onions and added coconut milk

A couple Pork Rinds and a half bar of GB 70% Dark Chocolate

I'm not drinking enough water still, but I'll try to down some with my Fish Oil Capsules and Policosanol before bed.
    Goodnight!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I have to stop dropping the Lemon in my water jug, I have a rash all over my face, neck and now shoulders that has been growing and getting worse over the past few days. I think it's a reaction to the lemon peel sitting in my water all day. That and eating dark chocolate has been the only things that I have changed up the past few days, and it can't possibly be chocolate!

I was trying to skip lunch today, but I had a hard workout this morning, and didn't have time for a significant breakfast so I got really hungry at work and had to have some food.

Breakfast: Athletic Greens with Water and Cottage Cheese with Blackberries
    Lunch: Whole Avocado and a Protein Bar (Low-Carb) Emergency stash
    After Work Snack: Protein Powder with Coconut Milk (again, emergency)
    Dinner: Grass-Fed Ground Beef with Stir-Fry Veggies and Aminos cooked in Macadamia Nut oil
    After Dinner Snack: 2/5 of 85% Dark Chocolate Blackout bar from Alter Eco and 2 Pork Rinds
    Night Time Supplements: Policosanol and 6 Fish Oil Caps

My morning workout included Assisted pull-ups, Knee push-ups (5 full/5 partial), Weighted squats (30#), kettlebell swings (30#), crunches, overhead presses (10#)

I'm getting better at the pull-ups and push-ups each time! I'm sure I didn't eat enough good wholesome food today due to lack of good planning. But tomorrow is another day. I feel like I am gaining inches around my waist. I'm going to have to back off the Chocolate at night I think, and get more water in this body of mine. My goal is 3 qts, and I usually fall short by a cup or 2 each day.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast