Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cod liver oil vs. beef liver powder page 3

maurile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maurile View Post
    I asked because my packaged just arrived. After posting, I just took one heaping teaspoon (a serving is supposed to be a rounded tablespoon) in a glass of water. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it was moderately gross.
    Today I added a teaspoon of honey. Much better — though still not exactly good.
    Last edited by maurile; 07-04-2011 at 05:53 PM.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    The cod-liver oil is important for upping your omega 3 ratio and some extra fat soluble vitamins. The beef liver is for the vitamins, but it is also a superfood. It has seemingly magical abilities to heal and energize. I have felt no effect from taking liver capsules, but I do make my own liver "pills" which give me tons of energy.

I freeze a raw grass-fed liver and chop it up into 1/4" cubes, toss in rice flour, cinnamon and sugar to keep from sticking and give it nice flavor going down (actual consumption of sugar and rice flour is extremely small). I swallow 1-2 T. of these cubes daily with a cup of warm tea or water. The warm water really softens and warms the pieces so they go down comfortably. I don't ever taste a thing. I think anyone with energy troubles or adrenal fatigue should try this, it has made a huge impact in my life.

unchatquitue is offline Junior Member
    I know that raw liver if very high in many nutrients, specially b12. In fact, according to W. Price, beef liver has an anti-fatigue factor that made some rats not get tired or something. Why not eat some properly prepared liver? It's one of the best organ meats to get in your body. You'll feel it once you get it. In regards to fish oil make sure you get some high quality oil that has not been heated or had 'added vitamins' as some companies do. Fermented, if you can, is best. But again I think eating the real thing, for example liver, is highly superior to eating it in a processed powder form.

maurile is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today I had my liver powder in coconut water. That was better than the water with honey I tried last time. It still has a liver flavor, but overall it's actually refreshing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123