Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibram Fivefingers -- takes a few minutes page

Patrick is offline Senior Member

Vibram Fivefingers -- takes a few minutes

Primal Fuel
    Just a quick, fiddly question: should it take a few minutes (okay, maybe like 30-90 seconds) until my toes are comfortable in VFFs? I have the KSOs, and my right foot is comfortable within a few seconds of movement, while my left (mostly the smallest toe) takes 30-90 sec of movement and such before feeling natural and comfy.

Is that short-term discomfort typical or should there be no real lapse, so to speak?
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

stewie97 is offline Member
    Ever since i started wearing socks with mine their is no initial discomfort. Before socks it took MAYBE 5 steps to get my little toe to cooperate, but after socks there is no problem what so ever.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Varies day to day for me. Some days, my toes go in their pockets easily and don't complain at all. Other days, they feel like racehorses being coaxed into the starting gates at a race, and it takes a minute or two to settle them all down. VFFs have certainly helped me connect to my toes more
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem. It's annoying when your Crossfit class is about to start and you can't get them on right.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Okay, cool. Glad that I'm not the only one pulling a Uma Thurman: "Wiggle your [little] toe...."
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Just a quick, fiddly question: should it take a few minutes (okay, maybe like 30-90 seconds) until my toes are comfortable in VFFs? I have the KSOs, and my right foot is comfortable within a few seconds of movement, while my left (mostly the smallest toe) takes 30-90 sec of movement and such before feeling natural and comfy.

Is that short-term discomfort typical or should there be no real lapse, so to speak?
    My toes do the exact same thing. Only the pinky toe on the left foot feels weird at first. I have two different sized feet, though. So one VFF (left) is a perfect fit, while the other is a little loose.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    i occasionally have an issue with my little toes, I have to take em off and put em back on, then they're fine
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

DirtyHippie is offline Junior Member
    Well after a few minutes of getting mine on, my toes are comfortable right away. BUT the first few times I ever wore them my big toe hurt (first right, then left, then both, then they were fine)... it doesn't hurt anymore. I just wish it didn't take me two whole minutes to get them on (I have the KSO's), it's gotten easier, but really, it can be exhausting lol. I think I will get the more slip-on style for when I'm just out and about.
    Nina... primal mother to 6 cavelings.

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHippie View Post
    Well after a few minutes of getting mine on, my toes are comfortable right away. BUT the first few times I ever wore them my big toe hurt (first right, then left, then both, then they were fine)... it doesn't hurt anymore. I just wish it didn't take me two whole minutes to get them on (I have the KSO's), it's gotten easier, but really, it can be exhausting lol. I think I will get the more slip-on style for when I'm just out and about.
    The classics are so easy to get on and off, I don't even use my hands anymore. The only thing with the classics is they have to be pretty tightened down if you're doing any sort of running or jumping. I ordered a pair of sprint recently, hopefully that will fix the issue.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    To all those who have a hard time putting their VFFs on: try putting your smallest toe in first and working your way up. When I started wearing five fingers they were awkward for me too. Once I learned to focus on the little toes first it became easy. Now I put my KSOs on faster than my normal lace-up sneakers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast