Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? page 3

klcarbaugh Guest

Primal Fuel

I have a million health/science/psychology books I want to read... but with school it is hard to read for fun. I am reading "Extinction" by Erwin for a class.

Diabetes, GCBC is a tough read for most. I devoured it in a few DAYS. And promptly wanted to read it again. After I was done with it, everything just... clicked. It is worth the brain power.

wug
    wug is offline Junior Member

Oh Oh, I love talking about books. I always have a little collection of books I'm trying to get through, often multiple books at a time.

But right now, I've managed to only have one book started (and with intentions of finishing) and that's In Defence of Food, a book that I'm sure needs no introduces in these parts.

Katt is offline Senior Member

Just finished reading The Omnivore's Dilemna by Michael Pollard and will be diving into How Cooking Made us Human by Richard Wrangham.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Tomorrow To Be Brave by Susan Travers, memoir of the only woman ever to serve in the French Foreign Legion.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Wow, everyone's reading some really good books & some of my faves to - The Sprial Dance & Clan of the Cave Bear.

I'm reading Dangergous Grains, The Practice of Traditiontal Herbalism (for herbal school) & Wives, Wenches & Servant Girls but I'm gonna shelf them all (& everything else) if I can get to the bookstore & get Diana Gabaldon's newest book Echo in the Bone.

MandyGirl77 is offline Junior Member

Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life by Judith Orloff

@hypnotik - The Alchemist was just recommended to me. I'm going to pick that up next!

glorth2 is offline Senior Member

The Zohar and HP and the Half-Blood Prince.

maba is offline Senior Member

Great thread Geoff. I was planning on reading The Primal Blueprint after I finished GCBC, but wanted something light. I'm reading

- The new rules of lifting for women - Lou Schuler, Cassandra Forsythe, Alwyn Cosgrove

- Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me): Why We Justify Foolish Beliefs, Bad Decisions, and Hurtful Acts by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson

Shine is offline Member

As I am taking two literature courses this fall, I rarely find time to read anything not on a syllabus. Since I am currently entrenched in eighteenth century fiction, I try to read modern nonfiction for pleasure. Right now I have The Politically Incorrect Guide to Western Civilization by Anthony Esolen on my nightstand. I think I may have to abandon it for now as I find the author's snide tone to be rather irritating. Also, he does not support his views very well.

Next on deck is The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra. Someday I really need to get a copy of GCBC.

Geoff is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Sounds like we could start quite a virtual book club. I think I'm going to e-mail Mark and see if there's a way they could host a virtual book club about "The Primal Blueprint" here on the site. Perhaps we could go through the book on a chapter by chapter basis?

Though I must say you're making me feel like an intellectual slouch for re-living my high school days vicariously through Henry Rollins' tour diary.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast