Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any cure for tendonitis / tennis elbow? page

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member

Question Any cure for tendonitis / tennis elbow?

Shop Now
    Hi, given that I have already mentioned it twice today that I got myself a tendonitis from lifting (deads & pull-ups) I wonder whether anyone has a good recipe to shake it?

My doc said to use Ibuprofen creme, but I am sceptical (NSAIDS and all that stuff - didnt understand the issue, but Kelly Starrett said they are no good, and what Kelly says I believe....)

I tried hot / cold also (ie warming it up for 15min, then 15min rest, then icing it). Not sure whether or not this works - it might, it is just so slooooooow.

Any views/experiences/sources? I hate that I have to cut out all pulling from my workouts at the moment, especially given that I cant do vo2max work either (other reason, see Updated plan: the plan is changed | Thor Falk if interested)
    Last edited by Thor Falk; 03-07-2011 at 01:16 PM.

denise is offline Senior Member
    been having elbow issues myself so also interested in any comments. Resting and icing did no good at all for me and I won't use NSAIDs - in fact it feels better after some light work than if I do nothing. BUT am i storing up more trouble for later?

neandertal is offline Member
    try cissus, eating jelly works for me
    Biotivia
    Transmax
    BioForge
    BioForge Pro Max Phase II
    BioQuench

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Other than anti inflammatory drugs, there's probably not a whole heap you can do other than throttle back for a while.
    My right shoulder has been giving me the shits for a couple of months and overhead pressing was just aggravating it more.
    It's frustrating, but including some light mobility work a few times a week and shelving the heavy OHP for a while seems to be the only answer.

I'll push through muscle soreness any day of the week, but I'm cautious of playing games where tendons and ligaments are involved.
    Even if you treat the pain, you're still doing damage if you train heavy - and that shit can dog you for life.

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. And anti-inflammatories are your friends. short term use is fine.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Rest would be the main thing.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Find a good acupuncturist - I have a great, cheap, old Chinese guy who I swear by and have send friends and family to for quicker healing of broken bones, tendonitis, twisted ankles, etc. He does a combo of acupuncture and acupressure and massage.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post
    Find a good acupuncturist - I have a great, cheap, old Chinese guy who I swear by and have send friends and family to for quicker healing of broken bones, tendonitis, twisted ankles, etc. He does a combo of acupuncture and acupressure and massage.
    No offense, but claiming a metaphysical pseudoscience hastens the healing of broken bones is drawing a long bow to say the least.

PMAC is offline Member
    After trying all the above and more for over 6 months, bought every gizmo plus ate a very non inflammatory diet + fish oil, I finally punted and got a cortisone injection and now I am pain free (for the past two months). I am working to rehab as if I still had pain to try and prevent it from reoccurring. Friend of mine had the same issues and tried everything and finally got the injection today. I am not saying the injection is the best thing but tennis or golf elbow is awful and if I had it to do all over again I would have gotten it earlier. My ortho is a friend of mine and knows where I stand on CW but he told me that out of 100 cases 95 respond and cease with one to two cortisone injections but did say he would not do more than 4-5 and at that point the only cure is to "clean" the area up with surgery. I had another friend have the surgery and he has had no problems for 5 years. Good Luck it stinks.

chowza is offline Member
    Rest, ice, etc can all be helpful--but elbow issues tend to "flow" from the shoulder, so to speak, so mobility and postural alignment exercises focused on the shoulders are going to have the bigger payoff.
    Check out my blog here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast