Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime's Challenge page

Prime is offline Senior Member

Prime's Challenge

Sometimes I know what is right, but I go against it anyway. Why? Because I can get away with it.

My grandmother used to make these doughnuts out of canned biscuits. She would punch a hole in each biscuit, deep fry them in Crisco, and roll them in cinnamon sugar. I'd eat a dozen or so in one sitting... Grandma would point her shaky finger at my skinny ass and say "It'll catch up with you someday!"

I know she's right. The evidence is all around me... family members, coworkers, and friends all suffer the ill effects of poor diet and exercise. NOT ME. I'm starting with 30 days and I'm not stopping 'till the day I die. I know that it will be a challenge at first, and I'm totally game.

Each day of my life I'm going to be healthier and stronger than the day before.

Day 1 is officially under my belt, and it went really well. My only complaint is the lack of food choices. I'm in a very frustrating financial situation, which won't be resolved for another 10 days. And I definitely don't have 10 days worth of food. *facepalm*

I have a lot planned for Day 2. Going to get my motorcycle permit so I can (legally) ride my bike, followed by a walk/run at the lake. Also, we'll see what I can get for $50 at the farmers market.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    My grandma used to make those canned biscuits too!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    My grandma used to make those canned biscuits too!
    Those donuts were AMAZING. I'm visiting that side of the family (the southern side) in May. They'll be happy to hear that I'm not a vegetarian anymore... but they'll be really upset about the lack of grain and sugar. No sweet tea?! No cornbread?! No PIE?! Sacrilege.

Today I was a primal beast. I passed my motorcycle permit test, walked for over an hour, AND did 20 minutes of bodyweight exercises. Love having a 4 day work week. I submitted a volunteer application to my local shelter so I can take dogs for walks and hikes, making good use of my Tuesdays and weekends off work. Lastly, I took my last $70 and stocked the kitchen with meat, eggs, avocados, veggies, and berries.

I'm going to try very hard to wean myself off of bananas. They're my favorite fruit, and before PB I would sometimes eat 2-3 bananas a day. Since starting PB a month ago, I'm strictly eating 1 a day. I think I'll cut that down to half per day, and eat an equivalent volume of berries instead. Also, I've made a decision to NOT snack on dairy. It'll be for cooking and condiment purposes only. There are better things I can snack on, for sure.

Good day today. I ate according to the PB and danced for 20 minutes before dinner

I'm struggling with a few things... mainly breakfast and increasing my protein intake. Lately my fat has been 60-65% of my caloric intake, which is fine, but the protein has been way too low. I'm workin' on larger portions of protein, and cutting back on the nuts and dairy a bit. I want to gain some muscle, dammit!

I'm trying to understand what the body does with all this dietary fat on days when we aren't very active... do we just poop it out? Is it stored for later? Reading Good Calories/Bad Calories is so confusing. I just want a simple answer to a complicated question!

Thank you! Optimism and criticism are the secret weapons

I am borrowing Why We Get Fat from a friend. She says although the concepts make sense to her, she "just can't live without pasta and rice." I'm only 40 pages into the book, and I'm positive I'll never eat that crap again.

Today's topic? Cravings and Snacking. I have a bit of a problem in these areas.

I crave: Fruit, nuts, buttery baked goods, and honey.
    I snack on all of the above.

I know for a fact that I have a weak spot for fruit, and I need to limit myself. If I don't buy bananas, I won't eat bananas! But I love them soooooo much. UGH. Can I learn to love berries as much as I love bananas? I hope so.

On another note, today was a horrible day at work. No problems with Primal, though. I've been tracking my daily food intake for like a month now and it's starting to get on my nerves. I just don't trust myself to get enough protein, fat, etc without plugging in those damned numbers. However, today was so busy that I didn't get to log my food until the end of the day. And, not surprisingly, everything fell right into place! Turns out I might actually have the hang of this.

Wow... 5 days 100% primal. Not so hard, after all! This weekend I'm eliminating nuts and seeing how my body reacts (mostly in the digestion department). I'm also taking a vow to NOT buy bananas for the rest of March. I've got to break myself of the addiction and learn to enjoy them in moderation.

My totals for today are just about as perfect as they can get. Definitely the best I've done so far.
    Calories: 1834
    Fat: 114
    Protein: 95
    Carbs: 101

Lastly, I've perfected my Primal Muffin Recipe! These have a total of 12 carbs per muffin, and are made with coconut flour (protein, fiber) and lots of butter and oil (fat!). They're fluffy and moist and delicious, perfect with tea in the morning The only contain 2 tablespoons of honey for sweetness, and the coconut does the rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Decided to measure, weigh, and photograph today. I hope to be super buff in a couple months

Weight: 108lb
    Waist: 24.5"
    Hips: 34.25"
    R Bicep: 8.75"
    R Thigh: 18.25"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Prime; 03-12-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I am learning more and more about nutrition every day.

The differences between The Primal Blueprint, The Paleo Diet, and The Paleo Solution are immense. I'll have to let my body decide which is best for me, or maybe I'll take aspects of each and combine them to suit my needs.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast