Thread: Paleo and Fat Loss page

Esk
    Esk is offline Junior Member

Paleo and Fat Loss

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone. I'd like to start this off by saying sorry in advance: This has probably been asked, but I have no access to a computer at the moment, and my phone won't let me search for some reason.

Anyways, I've become very interested in paleo lately, but I'm confused how to go about losing fat while eating paleo. Is there a certain amount I should eat, or food I should eat/avoid? Portion sizes? Could anyone link me to examples of a day/week of paleo meal plans used to lose weight?

Sorry if the questions dumb, it's just the system goes against what I've always learned about fat loss, very hard to break old habits lol.

Thanks a ton!

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Start by reading the Primal Blueprint. It will explain in-depth how switching from high-carb to a high-fat diet will change your body. Couple that with a little exercise and some resistance training, and you'll be losing weight in no time.

Paleo/Primal lifestyle isn't about following a set of rules, it's about reading some guidelines and listening to your body and how it reacts to what you do to it, and what you put in it.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Even if you don't read PB search through the MDA blog and there's a lot of great guide info on there, for thebest price of all, FREE!!

But yeah, PB is well worth the money. If you have a Kindle it's less than 10 bucks

SalubriousU is offline Senior Member
    You've come to the right place for Paleo information. Mark's Daily Apple is one of the best Paleo/Primal sites out there Read through Mark's articles and the forums and you should learn plenty in no time
    Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Max[imilian] View Post
    Start by reading the Primal Blueprint. It will explain in-depth how switching from high-carb to a high-fat diet will change your body. Couple that with a little exercise and some resistance training, and you'll be losing weight in no time.

Paleo/Primal lifestyle isn't about following a set of rules, it's about reading some guidelines and listening to your body and how it reacts to what you do to it, and what you put in it.
    Yup do this. The forum is a very poor place to start. Most people on here are just argumentative for funs sake. Read the book and the articles. Visit the forums in a few months after you've already achieved most your goals

Here is a paleo menu sampler of 14 days for you though:

14-day Paleo Meal Plan | Paleo Diet Lifestyle
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-25-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yup do this. The forum is a very poor place to start. Most people on here are just argumentative for funs sake.
    Oh no they don't.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Yup do this. The forum is a very poor place to start. Most people on here are just argumentative for funs sake. Read the book and the articles. Visit the forums in a few months after you've already achieved most your goals

Here is a paleo menu sampler of 14 days for you though:

14-day Paleo Meal Plan | Paleo Diet Lifestyle
    But, yeah. Couldn't agree more

And nice link NH. I know a few people that will be useful for
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Yup do this. The forum is a very poor place to start. Most people on here are just argumentative for funs sake.
    Argument Clinic - YouTube
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk