Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Robin Cobb Salad page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Red Robin Cobb Salad

Primal Fuel
    Hello... do you think this is okay to order at Red Robin??

Cobb Salad
    Crisp greens with tender chicken breast, hickory-smoked bacon, hard-boiled egg, avocado, black olives, ripe tomatoes and crumbled Bleu cheese. Served with your choice of dressing.

What kind of dressing would you order??

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    Just oil and vinegar on the side.

That's what I was thinking. I hate eating out... this seems like the best option.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    According to their site, it already has 40g of carbs (including 7g of sugar) before you even get to the dressing. I wonder where that's coming from.

Edit: I got it. On the site they say it comes with some bread. So that's easy to leave out. Brings you down to 15g of carb, still with the sugar. The Blue Cheese dressing doesn't add any starches but I'm sure it's chock full of frankenoils. It looks like a lot of the other dressings pack in some sugar, too. Olive oil and vinegar are definitely the healthiest bet. But then I wouldn't trust them to have non-rancid olive oil on hand.
    Last edited by DaisyEater; 03-06-2011 at 05:20 PM.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I think redrobin breads the chicken

And I am pretty sure they put croutons in there.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Argh

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    I love cobb salad as the go-to dish when eating at corny restaurants. Just get oil-vinegar dressing and nix the bleu cheese dressing. (Then you're avoiding conventional dairy and dairy in general -- but most importantly avoiding the suspect nature of any chain restaurant dressing. Read: sugar.) I also like to nix the crumbled bleu cheese on top.

Its a pretty perfect meal.

That's lame about breaded chicken though. (Breaded meat always gets me.) You could get it without the chicken and ask for extra bacon, egg (and avocado, while you're at it).

I will ask if their chicken is breaded. Definitely going with the olive oil and balsamic. I am getting too stressed about eating out. I rarely do it, but am finding that I am almost starting to avoid social situations in fear of the food. That's not healthy.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    RedRobin.com has a has feature called "The Customizer". It allows you to add, subtract, or substitute things to food found on the menu. It then shows the macronutrients for menu item considered.

Sweet Tart is offline Member
    I've eaten this salad for years and the chicken isn't breaded and the salad doesn't come with croutons. I suspect that most of the carbs are from the vegetables in the salad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast