Thread: Hi - I'm new here and have a question page

gnforpeace is offline Junior Member

Hi - I'm new here and have a question

Primal Fuel
    I started PB about 3 days ago and today for the first day I feel totally zapped...really low (almost depressed), no motivation....nothing has happened to cause me to feel that way other than changing the way I'm eating. Up until today I was feeling fine. Could that be withdrawal from the gluten, etc. that I've totally eliminated?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Classic carb flu. Try searching for "carb flu" in the forum and you'll find all kinds of posts about with people's experiences of how long it lasts. Bottom line: tough it through in most cases.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Day 3 is the hardest.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there!!!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I appreciate the quick responses...thank you! It's nice to have support! I have read and heard about carb flu but didn't realize it could manifest as depression...I'll go check the forums. I did Atkins years ago (I'm talking 1972!) and I remember being tired. Also purposely lowered my carbs towards the end of the Body for Life challenge and Max Muscle challenges I did over 10 years ago and remember the exhaustion, but not depression. I'm definitely going to tough it out - haven't been feeling that good the past few years and I want to be as healthy as I can in the most natural way I can.

primaltreehgr is offline Senior Member
    day three was the ONLY day i felt like crap, i had a headache all day. . . woke up feeling great on day four. although some people suffer from the "carb flu" for a week or so. hang in there, it is SO worth it!!!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there and keep us updated! Not sure if the low carb flu would cause depression but I guess its possible. I bet you will feel fantastic tomorrow!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks again - Primal Toad - I'm off to check out your blog and Facebook Page
    If we don't make time for wellness, we'll eventually have to make time for illness