Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pooping Paleo page 5

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I think Paleobird's point is, if all the veggies don't agree with you don't eat so many. Yes, Mark recommends veggies, but he also recommends playing around with what works for you.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danhaych View Post
    I will download and watch it when I get a chance but even so, what about the fact that vegetables decrease the acid load from meat. Im sure I've read that Mark suggests eating lots of vegetables. Veg once a day is not enough...
    Not enough for what? You don't need that much fiber, and animal products have a higher nutrient density.

There is no "acid load" from meat. That whole "acidic vs alkaline food" thing is yet more vegan propaganda with no basis in scientific fact.

Everything you eat goes into a vat of acid (aka your stomach) and is broken down. It already way more acidic than any meat could "make it" be. The body tightly controls Ph level in the blood by excreting excess in either direction in the urine. Those Ph strips test urine, not blood.

Nobody is saying that vegetables are inherently bad, just that they are not so necessary that, if they are not agreeing with your digestive system, that you should continue force feeding them to yourself.

What is the definition of insanity again? Try something different.

danhaych is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Everything you eat goes into a vat of acid (aka your stomach) and is broken down. It already way more acidic than any meat could "make it" be. The body tightly controls Ph level in the blood by excreting excess in either direction in the urine. Those Ph strips test urine, not blood.
    I have put that fact to people who teach this sort of thing and they say it's not to do with the pH that results from stomach acid breakdown, they say it's do with what happens when the individual amino acids are broken down. Couldn't give me a definitive answer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    There is no "acid load" from meat. That whole "acidic vs alkaline food" thing is yet more vegan propaganda with no basis in scientific fact.
    What are you basing your opinion on? If it's true I want to be able to show proof. I am aware of the 3 systems the body mainly uses for the pH homeostasis. But the body is not a perfectly working machine, things go wrong. If things didn't go wrong there would be no disease. So maybe its possible these pH homeostatic mechanisms don't always function right and with a diet mostly of foods favouring for an acid breakdown maybe there is some truth???

Paleobird Guest

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Well you cant get at least the RDI of vitamins and minerals by just having vegies once a day. Try typing in all the food you eat in a day into a program that counts your vitamins and minerals and you will see why.
    Also, plug some decent carnivore foods into your program. Six eggs, a can of oysters, five strips of bacon, 1/2 cup of berries (it's true, follow wolves around, carnivores love berries!) and similar. You'll be amazed at how complete that nutrition turns out. Short of C? Add one rose hip or a bite of goat liver...if you look around, you can find an animal source for every plant nutrient, except the phyto-stuff. That's why I still steep dandelions and eat the roots and sometimes the cooked leaves - and the yellow flowers by the fistful! I'm not eating the entrails of prey to get their stomach contents, but I also eat fermented veggies like real pickles, sauerkraut, etc...

I have gone back to mostly carnivore (hmm, except coconut milk!), but still enjoy fruit somewhat regularly. I should really start keeping better track of everything I eat. My head is kind of busy lately and I think it's time to look again at the details!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    My dog likes berries too.
    And my liver pate has all the C I will ever need plus lots of other good stuff like A and iron.
    And nobody has ever proven that phyto-chemicals do anything for you that their constituent nutrients could not also do.

Yeah, but plants shrink my pores and make me look younger. :P I'll give that up when I'm a bag of leather and it can't be helped at all!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Yeah, but plants shrink my pores and make me look younger. :P I'll give that up when I'm a bag of leather and it can't be helped at all!
    Heh. You sound like Derp with his magical carrot salad.

It's more of an occasional thing, when I see my face looking old. So...often! :P I'm almost 31~!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

owanchez5 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you so much

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast