Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pooping Paleo page 4

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    One remedy I have just literally fell upon is moringa which I am taking purely for its health benefits but it really gets things moving down below, better than anything I've tried plus its good for ya.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I have had no problems with pooping.

6am everyday-great BM
    7am everyday-great piss

I just wish I could get out of bed before 8 am.

Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Haha good one.

Moogle33 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I poop well without veggies, but when I start eating them (or starchy fruits like bananas) I get anythig from the runs to a brick. When I just eat meat, eggs, etc., that doesn't happen. I am starting to really wonder if veggies are really even good for me.
    I'm having similar problems. I am just starting a paleo diet. So it's too early to tell. Yesterday I had a really big bowl of salad with a grass fed burger patty and some fruit and nuts during the day, AND steamed cabbage with my dinner. I had cramping last night and had to take something for my stomach to help me sleep.

I'm going to cut back on the fiber and veggies. I know I tolerate cooked greens and some yams OK. Have you switched to more meat/less veggies yet?

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I didn't get "start-out" cramps, but I DO have cramping whenever I eat grain or homogenized milk in any amount. I think it's your gut bacteria having to "rearrange" and not being able to digest your new diet as efficiently. Either way, it subsides quite soon and you'll be feeling far better than before in no time.

As for stool-type:
    -if you're constipated, you aren't eating enough fat
    -if you have soft stool that floats, you're eating more fat than your body can use (which isn't really a problem; I prefer to go over than under, as fat is my main fuel-source)
    -if it's hard or impacted, you aren't drinking enough water (fat metabolism uses some extra water)
    -if there's not much poop, but no constipation or pain (just less "produced"), then you're probably eating a heavy bias to meat, which produces less waste, so you shouldn't worry too much, unless that meat-bias wasn't your aim
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

danhaych is offline Member
    This seems to mostly be a thread about people with constipation from Primal? I am the opposite. Iv been primal for nearly 2 months now but my bowel movements are still sticky and smelly, also almost as large as they were when I was on high grain diet. I was vegan for a month prior to primal, had beautiful bowel movements, no smell, but had lots of gas through the day.

I try to have vegetables 3 times daily, meat twice daily, eggs for breaky, 1 or 2 pea protein smoothies with fruit, avocado, maybe lettuce...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danhaych View Post
    This seems to mostly be a thread about people with constipation from Primal? I am the opposite. Iv been primal for nearly 2 months now but my bowel movements are still sticky and smelly, also almost as large as they were when I was on high grain diet. I was vegan for a month prior to primal, had beautiful bowel movements, no smell, but had lots of gas through the day.

I try to have vegetables 3 times daily, meat twice daily, eggs for breaky, 1 or 2 pea protein smoothies with fruit, avocado, maybe lettuce...
    Peas are legumes. (Not Primal) Pea protein smoothies are concentrated legumes. Try dropping that and see what happens. Also, why do you feel you need veggies three times a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    why do you feel you need veggies three times a day?
    Well you cant get at least the RDI of vitamins and minerals by just having vegies once a day. Try typing in all the food you eat in a day into a program that counts your vitamins and minerals and you will see why.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danhaych View Post
    Well you cant get at least the RDI of vitamins and minerals by just having vegies once a day. Try typing in all the food you eat in a day into a program that counts your vitamins and minerals and you will see why.
    Um, you're wrong in your assumptions. Animal products are the most nutrient dense foods anywhere. Plants are a lot of cellulose and water complete with things like oxalates which bind to a lot of the nutrients in them making them at least partially un-bioavailable to us. So even if a plant food has X% of your RDA of a certain nutrient, if your body can't get to it, it is useless.

I recommend this AHS talk for some background. Mathieu Lalonde, PhD

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Um, you're wrong in your assumptions. Animal products are the most nutrient dense foods anywhere.

I recommend this AHS talk for some background. Mathieu Lalonde, PhD
    I will download and watch it when I get a chance but even so, what about the fact that vegetables decrease the acid load from meat. Im sure I've read that Mark suggests eating lots of vegetables. Veg once a day is not enough...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast