Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pooping Paleo page 3

strom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    cayenne can also upset the stomach since its a strong pepper. I have had this happen before.

Diechipmunk is offline Junior Member
    I've fallen off my Primal attempt and BMs are back to normal, and I feel better, but I still have a concern before I go back.

My issue was not constipation or loose bowels, but regular, thick, sticky BM's; think asphalt from a soft serve machine. There was much less volume as expected, but I never felt empty. Worst of all, good hygiene was impossible without a shower. No amount of wiping was sufficient. I needed hot water and soap. It was a very uncomfortable and self conscious three weeks while I was mostly Primal.

I started daily Metamucil again, and eventually slipped out of Primal mode, but I want to start up again.

What am I missing, even when not primal I eat a huge amount of cruciferous vegetables, salads, and olive oil. I don't think I can succeed in primal, if I rely on Metamucil.

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    Aside from stool quality and quantity, position on the potty makes a big difference in ease of evacuation, and cleanup is easier as well. I built a squatting platform from plans downloaded from www.lillipad.co.nz. It incorporates the grok squat, and I much prefer using my lillipad to the typical sitting position.
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    WOW I just tried the cayenne in some water and it kinda tastes good---though obviously quite spicey (I like spicey). I squeezed some fresh lemon in it for even better flavor. Interested to see how it works as a laxative!

paleodog is offline Member
    Hi I am one month into my new lifetime Paleo lifestyle and have am experiencing similar things. I have always been EXTREMELY regular but on paleo I notice that I am just as regular but the it is softer and sometimes occurs in evening as well. I also am having mild cramping. But I eat a lot of raw veggies (I love raw brussel sprouts) so that might have soemthing to do with it. I'm not bothered by it at all it is just a different situation now.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I poop well without veggies, but when I start eating them (or starchy fruits like bananas) I get anythig from the runs to a brick. When I just eat meat, eggs, etc., that doesn't happen. I am starting to really wonder if veggies are really even good for me.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I poop well without veggies, but when I start eating them (or starchy fruits like bananas) I get anythig from the runs to a brick. When I just eat meat, eggs, etc., that doesn't happen. I am starting to really wonder if veggies are really even good for me.
    Come over to the carnivorous dark side my friend. Your digestive system will thank you for it.

I did it for awhile and it was great. Funny how I can question something that worked. I think I will, mostly, be carnivore from here on in, except for nuts, berries, chocolate, avocado and mushrooms, and spices/herbs and coconut milk. The fruit thing is over with, except for the occasional deviation. I'll never be 100% anything, because if I feel like I need oranges, I'm going to get some oranges. Of course, when I was regularly eating my beef heart liver, oysters, etc., I rarely even thought about fruit. I need to make more bone broth now!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I did it for awhile and it was great. Funny how I can question something that worked. I think I will, mostly, be carnivore from here on in, except for nuts, berries, chocolate, avocado and mushrooms, and spices/herbs and coconut milk. The fruit thing is over with, except for the occasional deviation. I'll never be 100% anything, because if I feel like I need oranges, I'm going to get some oranges. Of course, when I was regularly eating my beef heart liver, oysters, etc., I rarely even thought about fruit. I need to make more bone broth now!
    Because you were getting your vitamin needs taken care of. I still eat avocados, coconut, onions, shrooms, anything that makes my meat taste better or actively tastes good by itself but not any veggies just because I am "supposed to" eat them.

And it just feels right. It all digests so easily. Yeah, I'm going back to what works.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast