Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pooping Paleo page 2

Isis is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is Psyllium husk considered primal? I used to take that when I was constipated on high protein diets (prior to PB). Also I learnt that rhubarb is great for constipation! Quite easy to stew it in some water, and can add sweetener if you wish.

Taylor2010 is offline Junior Member
    Hello I am also new here but I have Home Remedies for Constipation to share with. One of the best home remedies for constipation is to drink eight to ten glasses of water each day. It is extremely important to make sure your intestines are working well. You should keep water next to your bed when going to sleep and drink it first thing in the morning and Avoid eating dry foods. Instead, your diet should contain sufficient quantities of oil in it. If you want more tips on Home Remedies for Constipation just visit this site. Hope this site will ease your constipation problem.

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meherbani View Post
    Hello All! I'm new here...but had to share something I accidentally found to help me keep 'regular.' I have been eating more and more primal, but have had the constipation issues. I hate constipation! More fat did not help me, neither did probiotics. I did try the magnesium citrate, but did not like the idea of taking it forever...and I did not want to take even herbal laxatives. Well, one of my coworkers who is only 41 had a heart attack...the guy is a firefighter, very fit, so freaked out a bit I started doing research on heart health. I discovered cayenne is this miracle substance for the heart, so I started taking a 1/4 tsp of cayenne in a cup of water every morning. Lo and behold no more constipation!!!!!! I take about 1/4 tsp a day in a cup of water...at first I only took a bit...I mean it is cayenne! But after a couple days, I actually really enjoy this tonic. Seems like it gives me energy! Anyway, I hope this helps people! There is quite a bit of info about cayenne online, but thought I would post a bit.

From the internet site below: "Cayenne pepper is powerful herb that has many health benefits. Cayenne is a home remedy that can stop constipation since it is effective in producing peristalsis action. It is also effective in helping you digest your food and to increases your blood circulation. You can use it regularly at every meal and when needed for constipation. Cayenne pepper is known to help thin the blood. So, it is good for improving blood circulation, but should not be taken if you are using blood thinner drugs."

Read more: Use Cayenne to Stop Constipation
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Best All!
    Mary Alice

I just started a few days ago and hadn't pooped at all. Usually I'm really regular morning person. I wasn't too worried yet because I know everything has to adjust and I wasn't feeling bad or anything. I decided to try your cayenne suggestion and an hour and half later.....success.

Thanks for the suggestion. It seemed to work for me.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meherbani View Post
    Hello All! I'm new here...but had to share something I accidentally found to help me keep 'regular.' I have been eating more and more primal, but have had the constipation issues. I hate constipation! More fat did not help me, neither did probiotics. I did try the magnesium citrate, but did not like the idea of taking it forever...and I did not want to take even herbal laxatives. Well, one of my coworkers who is only 41 had a heart attack...the guy is a firefighter, very fit, so freaked out a bit I started doing research on heart health. I discovered cayenne is this miracle substance for the heart, so I started taking a 1/4 tsp of cayenne in a cup of water every morning. Lo and behold no more constipation!!!!!! I take about 1/4 tsp a day in a cup of water...at first I only took a bit...I mean it is cayenne! But after a couple days, I actually really enjoy this tonic. Seems like it gives me energy! Anyway, I hope this helps people! There is quite a bit of info about cayenne online, but thought I would post a bit.

From the internet site below: "Cayenne pepper is powerful herb that has many health benefits. Cayenne is a home remedy that can stop constipation since it is effective in producing peristalsis action. It is also effective in helping you digest your food and to increases your blood circulation. You can use it regularly at every meal and when needed for constipation. Cayenne pepper is known to help thin the blood. So, it is good for improving blood circulation, but should not be taken if you are using blood thinner drugs."

Read more: Use Cayenne to Stop Constipation
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Best All!
    Mary Alice
    Try it with some fresh squeezed lemon! it's quite tasty!
    Health is Wealth!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    In my and many others experience, pooping issues are a short-term thing and you ought to be just fine - with smaller size, somewhat reduced frequency, and way less smell - within a few months. It's a big change for your poor little gut bacteria family to adjust to.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Believe it or not cayenne in hot water can also stop vomiting. My 7 year old, desperate for her perfect attendance medal, agreed to try it and stopped vomiting after vomiting for hours. We read this on the Earth Clinic site.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Cayenne with water.... I may have to try this! I don't have constipation issues and I go regularly in the morning but I like the benefits of cayenne. I LOVE lemon or lime in my water.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone! I have been eating paleo for almost 3 weeks and it is going mostly well. I am experiencing minor constipation as well. I had some thoughts as to why. Is this right? When you eliminate grains, dairy and legumes from your diet, your body absorbs more nutrients. I've been eating lots of veggies, fats, and protein. no fruit. not too much nuts(1oz/day). lots of water. like 10 to 12 cups a day. coffee, twice a week, 24oz total. yams for carbs only around workouts.

Could it be that all these great things i'm eating, my body is now absorbing most of it that there's not that much poop left? I am pooping but just a bit.

Thoughts?

strom is offline Senior Member
    Well mine are still large, inconsistent (every 3-4 days) and hard to pass. And I have been primal for more than a year. Is there a natural remedy for the hardness of the stool? Water does not reach the colon that is drunk. Its absorbed before than. Its most likely flora related water.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Interesting... I may be trying some cayenne this weekend! I've read it's good for a lot of things, including circulation and I have crappy circulation.

I use magnesium citrate right now, but that can be hard to regulate and not go TOO far in the opposite direction. I just want to keep things moving, not cause a stampede!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast