Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get some fat in them boobies page

Stabby is offline Senior Member

Get some fat in them boobies

Primal Fuel
    It would appear that the monounsaturated fat oleic acid, the prominent fat in olive oil (and beef, and macadamias) suppress overexpression of a major gene in the progression of breast cancer and thus the primal diet, high in monounsaturated fat is very protective.

Oleic acid, the main monounsaturated fatty acid of... [Ann Oncol. 2005] - PubMed result

These findings demonstrate that OA, the main monounsaturated fatty acid of olive oil, suppresses Her-2/neu overexpression, which, in turn, interacts synergistically with anti-Her-2/neu immunotherapy by promoting apoptotic cell death of breast cancer cells with Her-2/neu oncogene amplification. This previously unrecognized property of OA offers a novel molecular mechanism by which individual fatty acids may regulate the malignant behavior of breast cancer cells and therefore be helpful in the design of future epidemiological studies and, eventually, dietary counseling.

One caveat would be that linoleic acid is carcinogenic so while I'm not about to poo-poo olive oil, especially since it has other benefits, beef and macadamia are the better choices for saving boobies with fat.

HER2 (erbB-2)-targeted effects of the omega-3 poly... [Clin Transl Oncol. 2006] - PubMed result

These findings reveal that the omega-3 PUFA ALA suppresses overexpression of HER2 oncogene at the transcriptional level, which, in turn, interacts synergistically with anti-HER2 trastuzumab- based immunotherapy. ii) Our results molecularly support a recent randomized double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial suggesting that ALA may be a potential dietary alternative or adjunct to currently used drugs in the management of HER2-positive breast carcinomas. iii) Considering our previous findings demonstrating the <<HER2 upregulatory actions>> of the omega-6 PUFA linolenic acid (LA; 18:2n-6) and the <<HER2 down-regulatory actions >> of the omega-3 PUFA docosahexaenoic acid (DHA; 22:6n-3) and of the omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acid oleic acid (OA; 18:1n-9), it is reasonable to suggest that a low omega-6/omega-3 PUFA ratio and elevated MUFA levels, the two prominent <<fat features>> of the <<Mediterranean diet>>, should be extremely efficient at blocking HER2 expression in breast cancer cells.

ALA, and especially DHA are down-regulatory on the HER2 gene as well so fish and brains are also great for saving boobies with fat.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Yes, sir. I'm doing my share to save the boobies.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I eat beef and/ or olive oil on a several time a day basis. My boobies are safe for another night.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I love boobs so much. They are my favourite things in the world. I just had to say that.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I love boobs so much. They are my favourite things in the world. I just had to say that.
    No way, a nice pair of brain lobes are way better.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    No way, a nice pair of brain lobes are way better.
    Plus, there's nothing as satisfying is how their legs kick when you're motorboatin' the cerebral cortex!!!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Dammit... I was hoping this was a thread about what to eat to make them bigger.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Me too, Diana. Me, too.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

SunshynLady is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Dammit... I was hoping this was a thread about what to eat to make them bigger.
    Ha! Me too, since I lost weight, these were the first things to go.
    Started eating Primal January 11, 2011
    Starting Weight - 159 lb.

Last weigh in March 1, 2011
    143.9 lb.

Goal weight - I don't care, I just want to be RIPPED!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    ROF, L. Me too!! I've only lost in the boobie department and I thought I was going to be reading about stopping the trend . . .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast