Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AB workouts anyone? page

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member

AB workouts anyone?

Primal Fuel
    I would like advice from those of you who have achieved a 6 pack or a 4 pack. I'm finally staring to see my abs wanting to come out. YAY! Even when I was 115lbs I didnt have abs just a tiny waist and a flat stomach. I'm starting to see my muscles that I always new were under that layer of fat. When I think of all the hours I spent at paddling practice I wanna kick myself for not eating primal. I can only imagine what my abs would of looked like, since what Im seeing is the remnants of training that stopped over a year ago. Unfortunately due to my job I cant paddle this year so I need some killer ab workouts. I know they say to get a six pack it all about what you eat. I think for the first time ever I got that part so now I need some exercises. Thanks for any suggestions.

PMAC is offline Member
    Nothing wrong with a little ab focus. Bicycles, strict hanging leg raise are reported to be the most efficient. Also add planks and side planks. Renegade rows are great too. A little more advanced is the stability ball roll out and jack knife and an ab wheel. Good luck! you are doing great.

dmac24 is offline Junior Member
    I use a power wheel from Lifeline Fitness. I know there are cheaper wheels but none of them will give you the options for hitting your abs from all different angles as the PW. I don't have 4-6 pack yet as my abs are just starting to appear and this is also coinciding with my going from a kneeling wheel rollout to a standing one which I'm close to completing. For variety I will put my feet in the stirrups and do walks, pikes or pushups which all hity my abs. Hope this helps.

Diedelser is offline Member
    I did mainly planks. Followed the planks progression, from PB Fittness free e-book. But I thinks also anothers exercises that I do, like Pull Ups, Push Ups, worked my core.
    But recently I am doing hanging leg raises and L-Sits and another gymnastic training and my abs looks more defined.

Avoid crunches at all cost, it is the worst exercise, with high risk of spine injury. Our spine is not designed to crunches.
    The main work that abs do, is to stabilize the core and keeping us erected. So to train your abs properly, you should do movements that put more effort and force in stabilizing the core.

I can forward you some e-books with good progression for training the core. Just P.M. your e-mail.

P.S: You look amazing in the success story of this week. If I lived in Hawaii I would for sure go in a date with you. As you already know
    Rephrasing the famous Socrates quote: "All I know is that I know nothing" and about that fact, I am still not so sure.

Greetings! from Jorge from Venezuela.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I did the "Abs Fitness Workout" by passion4profession on YouTube. Now I do planks as part of PBF, however the planks are super easy for me. I can't progress beyond level 4 of the PBF planks because my arms are not strong enough, but my core can easily handle it.

YouTube - Abs Workout how to get six pack abs

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Three words: Hanging Leg Raises.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Hanging leg raises, knees-to-elbows, windmills, deadlifts, OH squats, bent press. Done.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Two words - ab roller.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i mostly using various yoga poses that work the belly in different ways, but i also vote for Hanging Leg Raises which are also fun.

i'm working on my straight leg version. i can get it up to 90 degrees, but not up overhead yet.

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Hawaii View Post
    I would like advice from those of you who have achieved a 6 pack or a 4 pack. I'm finally staring to see my abs wanting to come out. YAY! Even when I was 115lbs I didnt have abs just a tiny waist and a flat stomach. I'm starting to see my muscles that I always new were under that layer of fat. When I think of all the hours I spent at paddling practice I wanna kick myself for not eating primal. I can only imagine what my abs would of looked like, since what Im seeing is the remnants of training that stopped over a year ago. Unfortunately due to my job I cant paddle this year so I need some killer ab workouts. I know they say to get a six pack it all about what you eat. I think for the first time ever I got that part so now I need some exercises. Thanks for any suggestions.
    I would give Tim Ferriss' book "4-Hour Body" a read, it has a lot of good info. Anyways, when reading through a section, he talked about ab workouts, and their actual effectiveness on your abs. Check out this article, especially the list at the end showing the exercises and percentages.

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

Edit: This excerpt is almost straight from his book. I'm not sure if it's verbatim as I don't want to compare it, but it looks identical

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast