Thread: Mal's Whole 30 Journal.... page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Mal's Whole 30 Journal....

Shop Now
    Starting the Whole 30 for lent, maybe should tag it the whole 40 since lent is 40 days and 40 nights....

Eat real food – meat, fish, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re natural and unprocessed.
    More importantly, here’s what NOT to eat during the duration of your Whole30 program. Omitting all of these foods and beverages will help you regain your healthy metabolism, reduce systemic inflammation, and help you discover how these foods are truly impacting your health, fitness and quality of life.
    •Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels, because companies sneak sugar into products in all kinds of ways.
    •Do not eat processed foods. This includes protein shakes, pre-packaged snacks/meals, protein bars, milk substitutes, etc.
    •Do not drink alcohol, in any form.
    •Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, millet, oats, corn, rice, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. (Yes, we said corn!) This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels.
    •Do not eat legumes. This includes beans (black, kidney, lima, etc.), peas, lentils, and peanuts or peanut butter. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).
    •Do not eat dairy. This includes all cow, goat or sheep’s milk, cream, butter, cheese, yogurt, whey, ice cream, etc.
    •Do not eat white potatoes. It’s arbitrary, but they are carbohydrate-dense and nutrient poor, and also a nightshade.
    •Most importantly… do not try to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold. This means no “Paleo-fying” less-than-healthy recipes – no “Paleo” pancakes, “Paleo” pizza, “Paleo” fudge or “Paleo” ice cream. Don’t mimic poor food choices during your Whole30 program!
    One last and final rule. You are not allowed to step on the scale for the duration of your Whole30 program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus only on your body composition means you’ll miss out on the most dramatic (and lifelong) benefits this plan has to offer. Give yourself a well-deserved, long overdue break from fixating on that number on the scale! Absolutely NO weighing yourself or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30.

Looks doable considering I already do 99% of it...Dairy will be hard to avoid but I can do it. It will make me use more primal ingredients. Thinking I can displace some of the dairy calories with avocado and eggs b/c the farmers chickens are laying again so YUMMMMMM. I am not sure if I use any nightshades right now(garlic?) and I cannot give up my morning cup-o-joe but there isnt any cream in it GIVE IT TO ME BLACK haha. All my nuts are shelled so that's more primal too. No scale...I only weigh once a week now but considering I have held steady for like 4-5 months it shouldnt be a problem. I will take a before pic today, and in 40 days an after pic and NO PICS IN BETWEEN(this is big for me b/c of the body dysmorphia i have, I just bnought a mirror for the first time in 6 years...still adjusting to it)

hmmm.... seasonings/herbs I am not a fan of b/c i lovebland food, but consdiering they are' primal i guess I can try and start using some. Hopefully this will give me enough time to actually figure out what no dairy does for me(b/c i am addicted) and see if my face clears up any.

My goals with Whole 30:

* Maintain my weight
    * Branch out in my food tastes from 100% bland to add some flava!
    * Widen my food choices, more starchy roots/tubers as opposed to always turning to dairy(namely sour cream and cheese)
    * get over the O6 O3 ratio imbalance fear b/c I am eating real food and need to remember real food is real food is real food
    * Take my vitamins everyday(I dont know why I dont but I dont)

Multi is Miracle 2000(its a liquid nasty thing but I think it works well), krill a couple times a week, vitamin D, mag/zinc combo and currently this stuff called BRAINO I take in the morning(the results it has had on my mental well-being are uncanny) ....if lack of dairy poses any digestive issues ill take l-glutamine in the morning or enzymes/HCL. I have all this stuff lol but I never use it, besides the Braino recently so no extra $$ cuz I dont have any.

In the fridge I have some real fatty pork and 'on sale' chicken...im thinking i will grind it together, add some salt(is that whole 30??) and add whatever starchy stuff I pick up today at the farm for dinner....maybe some avocados and eggs later, get some frozen fruit(cheapppper)

ok, any ideas or insights welcome!!! Ill post me before picture later, I will do a body shot and face shot(since i would like to clear up my face) and nada for the next 30 days

HeyChelle is offline Senior Member
    Lots of luck! I'm sure you will do great.

Bland? Do you like green smoothies? That's a nice way to add some variety with greens, veggies, and a little bit of fruit. And here is a yummy soup recipe that goes great with chicken. I'm new to Primal, so please correct me if this is not whole30...
    My Blue Daisy...: Cream of Mushroom Soup and Chicken Marsala

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Braino. That sounds like the Brighto the stooges tried to sell.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Brain Supplements | Best Supplements for Brain Health

that is braino, get on my level hahahah

well i have steak, roasted root veggies, eggs, homemade sausage, and a can of coconut milk to crack into if i get hungry again, plus leftovers

dairy is a sacrifice, haha. i have raw cheese eyeing me inthe fridge, i dont wanna throw it out so it will be sitting there for the next 39 days....thinking at the end of lent i may have a night of wine and cheese HOWEVER, if this proves to be beneficial(which one day down it does) then maybe not. i felt good after all eating yesterday. no bloat, no indigestion.... WHY DAIRY!!?!! cant it be something like kale i have an aversion to, really.

i never realized how 'unprimal' i was till i started thinking about this whole 3 thing. theres a lot of health in primal i think i am/was missing out on. variety for one, taste for two... i ate a lot of eggs yesterday(6) cuz i didnt know what to 'grab' when i usually eat a hunk of cheese.

still have a can of coconut milk, not sure what to do with it. i dont like curry but wish i did cuz i hear the spices are good for you lol.

dont kmnow how long dairy takes to get out of your system, but i must admit, i have my knee braces on friday b/c it hurt to walk and havent had dairy since then and my knees feel MUCH better. not sure about the face b.c it seems to phase in and out of clearness acne wise

i got a jar of raw red plam oil. put it on my skin b/c it was cheaper than coconut oil. smells okay, supposidly chock full of vitamin E, A and antioxidants i dont know that i would put it on food, i tried a spoonful and it left something to be desired haha

Fitness Magazine Photo Faves

Entered the Cover contest for Fitness magazine!!! Cast your vote for me!!!!!!!

Constantine4 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post

+1 vote!

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post

done!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    done.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!