Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: liver pep talk? page 2

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I love the taste, but can't get around the texture. Just not a meat mousse fan (It feels like a solidified meat mousse to me when cooked whole.) Any ideas?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    okay, it's thawed. so maybe today is the day. though i have a really full afternoon and evening, so i may have to put it off until tomorrow's lunch.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Curry! 2-1/2 lbs heart (or any other meat, really; that's what I had), 1 lb sliced livers cooked in massaman curry (Mae Ploy is the brand of paste I use, I like it). Once you've thinned the paste out with coconut milk and sauteed any other aromatics (mine could have used some chile), put the meat in first and let it simmer for a half-hour, then put the liver in and simmer 10 minutes more. Any veg you'd want in there put it in at the proper point that it would be done at the same time as the liver.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Personally I love pate', which by the way is cooked Wrapped. In. Bacon. Lots of good recipes around -- I like something around half liver, half pork, some liqueur, cinnamon, and hot pepper. Wrapped. In. Bacon.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    Curry! 2-1/2 lbs heart (or any other meat, really; that's what I had), 1 lb sliced livers cooked in massaman curry (Mae Ploy is the brand of paste I use, I like it). Once you've thinned the paste out with coconut milk and sauteed any other aromatics (mine could have used some chile), put the meat in first and let it simmer for a half-hour, then put the liver in and simmer 10 minutes more. Any veg you'd want in there put it in at the proper point that it would be done at the same time as the liver.
    Very similar to what I'm having for breakfast at the moment, except the meat was cooked for around two and a half hours and I used home made red curry paste. Liver added for the last 10 min as above
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I think I've decided Monday is liver night. Tonight's calves liver was soaked in heavy cream, patted dry, lightly fried in bacon fat, and then served with a mix of creamed coconut and green curry paste. It was almost up from good to tasty. I really never thought I'd like liver, but I think I'm beginning to.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Pookie is offline Member
    I love liver in a arrabiata sauce and served over courgette ribbons.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beachrat View Post
    Personally I love pate', which by the way is cooked Wrapped. In. Bacon. Lots of good recipes around -- I like something around half liver, half pork, some liqueur, cinnamon, and hot pepper. Wrapped. In. Bacon.
    i don't quite understand. please explain.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Huge pile o' bacon, huge pile o' carmelized onions, fry liver, devour.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious.....did you take the plunge Saoirse? How did it go?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast