Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning Dishes page 2

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Or let your dog take care of it.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

I second the doggies! I make my own hand/face creams & this is my trick in cleaning that greasy mess up. It even works with beeswax so it should do just fine with regular animal fat. Wipe with a dry paper towel or dry cloth towel first. Then don dish gloves (yes, this is important!) and use liquid AUTO dish detergent in the sink with very hot water (another reason for the gloves). I use Trader Joe's brand, too, not too expensive or smelly (I don't like smelly stuff).

JustinKN is offline Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies. Really hot water does do the trick. Amazing the difference between the two, because cold water does absolutely nothing.

Godzilla is offline Senior Member

My grandfather was a Chinese food cook. At the end of his workday, he would wash his wok with soap and hot water, and hang it on a hook to dry. He would leave any remaining remnants of animal fat on the pan to "season" it. He said the thin layer built up over the years added to the flavor of the food.

MightyMite is offline Member

At my brother's house they call their dog "The Organic De-greaser" and she can clean baked-on egg off of a cast iron pan.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

The added bonus of this technique: Use it in front of house guests who have worn out their welcome (or other moochers) and your problem is solved.

Jedi is offline Member

PrimalCon New York

My Ginger Tom has a pretty impressive dish cleaning technique too he prewashes all plates before i put them in the dishwasher. He also clearly has a preference for a PB diet than a carby one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12