Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I need to change to lose weight? page

What do I need to change to lose weight?

Primal Fuel
    I've been Primal since January (slowly transitioning since November and 100% primal as of Jan 4 I think). I have significant weight to lose but it is coming off soooo slowly. Too slowly. I can't figure out why. I feel like I'm doing it all RIGHT!

Age - 27
    Height - 5'3"
    Current weight - 176
    Goal - 150

Daily food

Breakfast - 2 eggs cooked in butter, 1/2 a large sausage (all good folds from
    my local organic store)

Snack (only if needed) - 1 tsp nut butter off the spoon

Lunch - mixed greens with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp balsamic topped with 1/2 avocado and either chicken, shrimp, salmon or a red meat if I have leftovers

Dinner - I cook dinner every night and use Primal recipes
    From the PB cookbook, the net. Always just meat and veg.

Treats - usually none, 2-3 squares 85-90% dark
    Chocolate twice a week max. One cheat meal per week but never with gluten (I'm intolerat). Cheat meal is something like sushi.

Exercise - crossfit type workout 2-3 times per week, regular walking, playing with kids, housework, my job has me on my feet much of the day.

What is wrong with me???????

Thanks!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    The cheat meal. Stop having it - one cheat meal a week is enough to stall you dead in your tracks.

Add some fat to your diet, too. Butter, coconut oil, lard.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    you may also have to change your expectations. it's true that some people lose a lot of weight fast in this lifestyle, but it won't for everybody. losing takes time. granted, the PB boasts effortless weight loss, but really it's about optimal health. losing weight is a byproduct.
    stick to the ten primal laws and KIP (Keep It Primal...thanks iniquity) and with time you will undoubtedly get healthier, have way more energy, and probably be lighter...certainly leaner.

lunadam is offline Member
    What about IF? And I agree with Griff. I didn't start seeing results until I stopped cheating.

Also, what do you eat after you workout?

Also also, are you measuring just straight weight loss? When I was doing X-fit, my weight didn't budge a lot because I was packing on the muscle.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    This may be counterintuitive, but I saw differences in my physique (I don't weigh) when I added some healthy carbs back in. Sweet potato or 1/2 a banana was enough for my body to bounce some of the weight off. Especially if you are doing crossfit, you might need a bit more carbs in your diet.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    you may also have to change your expectations. it's true that some people lose a lot of weight fast in this lifestyle, but it won't for everybody. losing takes time. granted, the PB boasts effortless weight loss, but really it's about optimal health. losing weight is a byproduct.
    stick to the ten primal laws and KIP (Keep It Primal...thanks iniquity) and with time you will undoubtedly get healthier, have way more energy, and probably be lighter...certainly leaner.
    I agree with this
    ad astra per aspera

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    This may be counterintuitive, but I saw differences in my physique (I don't weigh) when I added some healthy carbs back in. Sweet potato or 1/2 a banana was enough for my body to bounce some of the weight off. Especially if you are doing crossfit, you might need a bit more carbs in your diet.
    ^This. Having sushi once a week is fine....probably good for you to have the carbs if you're doing crossfit. Maybe you just need to eat a little more-are you measuring or just weighing?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Thanks for all the feedback.

I do IF 16-18 hours once a week, following my cheat.

I would really miss my cheat. You guys all think that one 'off' meal a week is enough to derail 20 (ish) Primal meals a week? Really?????!!!!

I am weighing myself, taking measurements and taking monthly photos to track my progress. I really think I should be making more progress......

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslikesstuff View Post

I am weighing myself, taking measurements and taking monthly photos to track my progress. I really think I should be making more progress......
    How much weight have you lost? You said you started Jan 4 but only gave current weight, not starting weight.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I would really miss my cheat. You guys all think that one 'off' meal a week is enough to derail 20 (ish) Primal meals a week? Really?????!!!!
    Yes. And stop weighing yourself--not really helpful since it doesn't tell you a thing about your body composition. Read this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast