Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I could use some cheering up please....4 lbs gained back page

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member

I could use some cheering up please....4 lbs gained back

I really don't understand. I know I've been sick, but I haven't been sloppy in my eating! I don't know what gives. My exercise was cut out, but 4lbs really? I changed 1 thing....1. I added some dairy in at night for a little dessert...whipped cream...homemade...organic...blah blah blah....on top of some berries. How does that equate to 4lbs? I cut out my afternoon chocolate and opted for a diet soda if I felt the sugar beast hit. Not the best alternative I know, but I'm working on it. Still...diet soda doesn't equal 4 lbs in any country. I mean yesterday my entire day consisted of 4 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 country ham steak, 6-8 oz. NY strip steak, about a cup or two of veggies at lunch, and the berries with whipped cream. And like I said before, 4lbs ago that was a typical day for me minus the berries/cream...I would've had two servings of dark chocolate instead.

I know that Paleo is for life...I'm a believer! I still don't feel as bad on Paleo as I did off Paleo, but I have yet to see the insane energy...I've seen some pretty good energy, but not I can't sit still ever energy. Could my body have "adjusted" to Paleo? Is that a possibility?

I'm sorry guys, but I'm just really down in the dumps.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Could be a bit of water weight from the added sodium/crap in a diet soda, if you have just re-introduced it after cutting it out for a while it could have caused some weird stuff to happen. The dairy could also be your problem, somewhere around here is a recipe for some all coconut whipped cream type concoction if you want to keep this dessert going.

As always, don't worry to much, scales are a pretty worthless piece of equipment and most people tend to have a 1 to 2 lb shift *at least* between any two days so it might just be a natural shift in your weight plus one little extra thing you changed in your diet; so you're fine, relax and keep in mind that until you are packing on 10lbs that the scale isn't all that accurate.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Thank you so much! I found the coconut whipped cream recipe, and I'm definitely doing that from now on!

Also, I never thought that the diet soda could be doing it to me. Does it usually balance back out or is it something I need to cut out again to lose back? Thanks!

Not sure, I have never really cut out diet soda completely, I tend to keep it to just the weekends when I am out at bars, and every now and then I will kill off a 12pk of diet cream soda in a matter of days; I know a lot of people around this forum will frown upon this but, the way I see it, if it you really enjoy the diet soda and want to keep drinking it, I see no reason to throw it out the window.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Golden sparrow you've got to get used to weight fluctuations and not think immediately it's fat gain. Women fluctuate a lot particular as we menstruate. It's water weight gain.

Thanks for the advice Adventure.

Sue, I am 6 days late....not PG. I've just never gained 4lbs before, so I didn't understand why I might now? Know what I mean? Granted I've always been regular before now too. But the BF% on my scale did move up as well. I would think if it was just water it would've remained neutral. Is that not the case for BF scales? Thanks!

lunadam is offline Member
    I always thought that diet soda can be related to weight gain due to the artificial sweeteners. Still, if I read right that you only had 1 soda, that shouldn't be the cause.

beach.bum is offline Member
    I just wanted to say that I know where you're coming from and how frustrating it can be! Even though you tell yourself--and know!--that you didn't really gain four pounds in such a short amount of time, it can be so discouraging to see the increase on the scale. I'm working on tossing out the scale altogether, but it's so hard!

sanepsycho is offline Senior Member
    The body fat thing on scales is not very reliable - it's measures can be affected by how hydrated your body is at the time you step on the scale.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is hard at first to pitch that scale, Thanks CW, but after a while it becomes easier; personally I like to measure my progress with the mirror and my performance these days.

My blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast