Thread: I'm a fitness competitor! page

MsMlis_19 is offline Junior Member

I'm a fitness competitor!

Primal Fuel
    So I do bodybuilding/figure competitions and I'm very interested in this life style. But...I am SO HUNGRY! Any thoughts, suggestions,,,I'm jus tnot used to eating so much

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, I'm confused though, you said "I'm just not used to eating so much" do you mean now that you're eating primal you're eating more than before but are still hungry? or that if we say "eat more" then you will say "I'm not used to eating that much?"

My answer is: eat more, and check out Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Anytime someone says they're hungry around here they get a tablespoon of coconut oil shoved in their mouths, consider yourself hazed. Eat more fat. Welcome.
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    cook a steak and smother it in butter, you won't be hungry
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    butter and bacon make everything better.

RachelRD is offline Senior Member
    Hi MisMlis...

i did my first figure show a year ago...ive been an avid lifter for about 5 years...so i assume you have been following the bodybuilding type of diet..just as I did in the past..

when i dieted for that show, my coach had me on super low fat, low carb and VERY high protein. WOW, talk about some dang hunger

i think you will find once you increase your fat intake you wont be nearly as hungry as you are now...and you might not even feel the need to eat those 6 small meals a day..

im new to be the baord myself but seems to be informative and have some very helpful people if you have questions..good luck!

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Im confused as well. If you are bodybuilding then you are eating protein in ~ 1.5/2.0 grams per pound of lean body mass daily, correct?And after doing that you are hungry? Really? And you eat vegetables as well as other primal foods in addition to your protein (i.e. meat)? And you are still hungry?

Then ....if that is the case....as others have said above...you better start eating more fat.

Fat will fill you up. And if you are lifting & watching your other macronutrients and eating in the right quantites...you wont get fat at all ever. I know its hard to believe (conventional wisdom says the opposite...fat makes you fat) but it is true.

Try it and see...
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

RachelRD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    Im confused as well. If you are bodybuilding then you are eating protein in ~ 1.5/2.0 grams per pound of lean body mass daily, correct?And after doing that you are hungry? Really? And you eat vegetables as well as other primal foods in addition to your protein (i.e. meat)? And you are still hungry?

Then ....if that is the case....as others have said above...you better start eating more fat.

Fat will fill you up. And if you are lifting & watching your other macronutrients and eating in the right quantites...you wont get fat at all ever. I know its hard to believe (conventional wisdom says the opposite...fat makes you fat) but it is true.

Try it and see...
    figure competitors are NOT bodybuilders..no where close!
    google it.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelRD View Post
    figure competitors are NOT bodybuilders..no where close!
    google it.
    MsMlis was the one who said, and I quote, "I do bodybuilding/figure competitions." He's simply responding to her as best he can, given that.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)