My old journal had a pregnancy title that I couldn't figure out how to change, so I'm starting a new one. Plus, I want to put that part of my life behind me for a while. Introducing my unpregnant journal! A quick introduction: I'm a 29 y.o. woman/mama/feminist/lawyer/weekend hippie living in the heartland on 4.5 acres with 1 husband, two children, two dogs, and three cats. I discovered PB in the summer of 2009 when I was struggling with lethargy, anxiety, slow-creep weight gain, violent mood swings, and crippling insomnia. One month later, that was all cured and I was bounding up my hill doing barefoot sprints without having to mentally force myself. And, after trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant for a year, I got pregnant. Not a coincidence, I'm sure.

I lifted and sprinted and ate pretty primally through my whole pregnancy. I had an uneventful (though long) labor and birthed a 7 lb (ish) little boy who melts my heart with every toothy grin. He's 9.5 months and I'm breastfeeding (pumping during trial breaks, while on conference calls, driving to out of town hearings, etc).

I've been lucky enough to never really struggle with my overall weight, but I've always been aware of stomach issues, high bf%, etc. My history was to train and run marathons, then struggle to move at all for the next 4-5 months. I ran 5 marathons and many more half marathons throughout my mid 20's and usually weighed 135-145 (5'6"). But I was always battling knee pain, back pain, stomach discomfort, and later the mental health issues noted above.

Since discovering the PB, I've never really been perfect. I have a weakness for homemade baked goods. I like popcorn. But for the most part, my current diet is so completely different from my old (vegetarian, of course) diet that I cringe when I think of what I used to eat: bread, pasta, more bread. I'd like to become less emotionally attached to certain foods. I don't know what will appear in this journal- I like to cook, I love lifting heavy weights, I am increasing my gardening skillz, I heart fermenting stuff, it's a constant struggle to raise my daughter (6 y.o) to eat healthfully, and I bitch about work sometimes, and bitch about pumping all the time.