Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My 12 Week Primal Challenge page 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nice! Thanks for the info. They are officially "liked".

Roughly 2 hours left on my 24 hour fast. Very simple. I was outside for work all day from 7am to 3:15pm. Probably walked a few miles marking out traffic mast locations for new traffic intersections we're building. Hopefully, that equates to pure fat burn. I've already got my dinner all planned out.

Week 3 - Mar. 8, 2011

Oops! Forgot to post my pics from last night as it was Tuesday and the next series of pics are due. These were taken last night after my workout, the same as all the others. I still feel stupid for taking Myspace-style mirror pics with no shirt on...but I guess it serves a purpose.

My 4th 24 hour fast was an easy success. I love this lifestyle - going 24 hours without food is so easy it's a joke. If it weren't for my fear of lengthy states of catabolic metabolism brought on from reading tons of bodybuilding sites, I'd try a 48 hour fast...maybe I'll save that for a plateau.

My 24 hour fasts last from Tuesdays at 8pm to Wednesdays at 8pm. Then, I binge on a large, high-fat meal. I think of it as Grok having a poor hunting day, not eating anything for 24 hours, then killing a mighty buffalo and eating a huge feast to satisfy his hunger. Here is my Fit Day on today's fast day:

The ratios are all skewed since I made this rockin' primal cheesecake with stevia and unsweetened baker's chocolate - I did the math and only 73 very low GI carbs in the ENTIRE cake with 444 grams of fat total! - so normally I'd probably have much less fat on a 24 hour fast day.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 03-09-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Week 3 - Mar. 8, 2011

Oops! Forgot to post my pics from last night as it was Tuesday and the next series of pics are due. These were taken last night after my workout, the same as all the others. I still feel stupid for taking Myspace-style mirror pics with no shirt on...but I guess it serves a purpose.
    don't feel stupid--your purpose is valid and worthwhile... besides, many of the photos i've seen on the forum are as such. btw, you should do a week 1 vs week 2, etc comparison at some point. otherwise, lookin' good! keep up the great work!

also--i've been thinking of doing a fast myself--for now i'm just doing IF from 6 or 7pm to 9 or 10am the next day... today though, i think i my last bite was at 4:30pm. i guess i'll save real fasting for the future...

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    I just want to mention something about fitday. I saw on your previous fitday post that you had pork entered.

Fitday tends to assume how it was cooked. Entering your meat raw takes care of that. Not that you want to be anal about it. It just gives you a little better idea and this would probably be more helpful information for someone who needs to lose weight than you. In any case, just wanted to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    I just want to mention something about fitday. I saw on your previous fitday post that you had pork entered.

Fitday tends to assume how it was cooked. Entering your meat raw takes care of that. Not that you want to be anal about it. It just gives you a little better idea and this would probably be more helpful information for someone who needs to lose weight than you. In any case, just wanted to mention it.
    Yea, I saw that. I cooked my pork loin by searing it in coconut oil, roasting it under foil in the oven, and I let it sit in the juices. I basically took the base pork loin and added in 50% of the quantity of coconut oil. I poured a good bit of it back onto the meat to absorb it while it sat to cook and redistribute the juices, so I figure it's "accurate enough". As long as I'm consistent, that's what should really matter I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Girl View Post
    don't feel stupid--your purpose is valid and worthwhile... besides, many of the photos i've seen on the forum are as such. btw, you should do a week 1 vs week 2, etc comparison at some point. otherwise, lookin' good! keep up the great work!

also--i've been thinking of doing a fast myself--for now i'm just doing IF from 6 or 7pm to 9 or 10am the next day... today though, i think i my last bite was at 4:30pm. i guess i'll save real fasting for the future...
    I don't think there's enough of a change week to week. Maybe I can do it on the 4 week mark. Hopefully there's a difference. Personally, I can't detect much fat loss by looking at myself in the mirror, but I can sort of feel it's less by grabbing it if that makes any sense. Last year I was on rung 3 of my belt and now I'm on rung 5. Yesterday, I accidentally put myself in rung 6 for the first time but it was a little too tight. I guess I'm making progress.

Drove 60 miles to attend my buddy's 25th birthday last night. Everyone ordered pizzas, there was Oreo cake, brownies, chips and soda and snack food everywhere...I didn't eat any of it. Will power! Everyone else was gorging, but I tried to set a good example. I actually had two girls ask me all about nutrition. I explained to them general concept of the primal blueprint - eat what you evolved to eat; if a man couldn't have eaten it 1 million years ago, don't eat it. They thought it was very interesting...then they ate pizza and Oreo cake. I tried.

I chose alcohol as my vice for the night. I kept it simple and tried to choose clean alcohol. 5 shots of tequila and 3 Bud Lights. At least it was a low carb night, and I definitely woke up skinnier. Or maybe it's the dehydration.

I had no idea it was daylight savings time, either. That lost hour threw a wrench in the day.

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    just have to say that those pizza pictures from a few days ago look orgasmic...

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast