Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My 12 Week Primal Challenge page 2

AnnaMae is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can totally tell that you have lost some fat! Congratulations!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the welcome. I've only been doing primal strictly for a few weeks, so I guess it'll take a little bit of time. Weight isn't a concern of mine. Personally, I'd like to overall gain some weight but shed some fat. My goal is around 9% body fat and to maintain my current weight or gain a few pounds. For the first time in my life, I feel confident I've found a lifestyle that can get me the results I want.

Tomorrow is my IF day. I've been fasting for 24 hours - Tuesday nights to Wednesday nights - for 4 weeks now. Something that would have been awful on the SAD is surprisingly easy on this plan.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I agree about the IF. I'm assuming you already took a look at Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health ? that's kinda what I do mon-fri but on weekends I don't fast and try to eat a little more.

I'm in the same boat as you, I don't care about what the scale says. I primarily want to be "ripped" but I also want to be a little bigger (tiny arms, man) but whatever we'll see what happens, nothing but time ahead.

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    @ChocoTaco369

NICE! i made a Primal Pizza last week but i hated the crust--i'm going to have to come up with something better. (i'd been on a no/low-carb type diet and have been baking/cooking with almond & coconut flour for a few months now) i'm trying to keep my 'menu' simple stupid for now--maybe if i plan ahead of time i can have another crack at a PP

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Thanks. The coconut flour definitely left a lot to be desired, but it was enough to kill the pizza craving. I'm trying to make a primal cheesecake right now and I can't wait to see the results.
    i've made AWESOME Primal desserts and foods--did a chocolate cheesecake with choco crust and strawberries... even did a red velvet cake! i need to post pics and recipes to my site at some point soon looking forward to seeing your PC!

I've been reading Mark's posts for awhile on IF now. I've been eating low carb for awhile now, so I never got any hint of carb flu jumping into the primal lifestyle. However, I've never eaten such a high fat/carbs ratio before outside of when I did 7 weeks of keto. It's made 24 hour IF pretty simple since my body's very good at running in fat burning mode. I obviously just eat too much fat and protein to make it melt off fast enough as shown by Fit Day, haha.

I don't want to do Mark's version of IF where he just skips breakfast. I get too hungry in the morning and I'm afraid it'll catch up to me. That and I'm still stuck in the mindset that skipping meals too often lowers your metabolism. So far, I'm liking how I feel after the 24 hour fast once a week and I'm planning on making this a regular thing for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Girl View Post
    i've made AWESOME Primal desserts and foods--did a chocolate cheesecake with choco crust and strawberries... even did a red velvet cake! i need to post pics and recipes to my site at some point soon looking forward to seeing your PC!
    I just did a primal cheesecake with almond meal crust, stevia extract and I topped it with unsweetened bakers chocolate mixed with butter, heavy cream and stevia. It's awesome. I just did a whole nutrition analysis on it ingredient by ingredient and I plan on posting it.

That coconut flour would be awesome for cakes. I just wish it was cheaper!

I just did a primal cheesecake with almond meal crust, stevia extract and I topped it with unsweetened bakers chocolate mixed with butter, heavy cream and stevia. It's awesome. I just did a whole nutrition analysis on it ingredient by ingredient and I plan on posting it.

That coconut flour would be awesome for cakes. I just wish it was cheaper!
    YUM... i ordered my coconut flour from Tropical Traditions (i think you said WF's has it for $7.95/pound???) Organic Coconut Flour - Tropical Traditions

i really like their products and the great thing about coconut flour is that it takes very little to make a lot i've made awesome waffles, pancakes, biscuits, etc etc with blanched almond flour and coconut flour... oh yeah, i even made my own protein bars!

Those cookies look so good. I don't remember the last time I had a chocolate chip cookie. WF is a ripoff ($7.49/lb!) so if that place has reasonable shipping fees I may have to get it there and just order 10 pounds at a time or something.

Those cookies look so good. I don't remember the last time I had a chocolate chip cookie. WF is a ripoff ($7.49/lb!) so if that place has reasonable shipping fees I may have to get it there and just order 10 pounds at a time or something.
    sometimes they offer free shipping--if you're on FB, friend them! they post all of their promo/sales/etc on FB

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast