Thread: Oooosparklies - My Journal page

oooosparklies is offline Junior Member

Oooosparklies - My Journal

Hello, I am Oooosparklies. I am an EX chocolate, ice cream, bread, cereal loving carb addict. My favorite snacks pre-Primal were chocolate, chips & salsa and popcorn.

Sometime last week, I discovered Primal Blueprint and want to give it a try! I officially started 2/27/2011.

After reading on the web a bit, I decided to try the Whole 30, after coming to the verdict that it will not kill me.

Since last Sunday, I am proud to say that, other than a lick of my 3 year old son's icecream sandwich (it was melting, he needed help), I am sticking to it!

I do have a birthday party to go to this weekend, and I plan not to eat cake or other junk. I know I will get some flack for that but one thing I have on my side is being one stubborn you know what. I'll let fit people tell me what to eat! I really want to see this through and do it right.

Tonight, I made the kids tacos, but I made myself a taco salad (Mixed greens, onion, cilantro, avocado, a squish of lemon juice, lean hamburger and some Hot Sauce). It was super good, and I hope I have the food thing right and didn't eat something I wasn't supposed to.

I started this thing at 5'6, 137 lb.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oooosparklies View Post
    Since last Sunday, I am proud to say that, other than a lick of my 3 year old son's icecream sandwich (it was melting, he needed help), I am sticking to it!
    It was a parental duty. Nod. Nod.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

It sure was, Hedonist.

I just cooked a Take N Bake pizza for the kids and it smells suuuuper good. I haven't eaten in five hours so I am STARVING! But I ain't gonna touch the pizza...nope, not gonna do it.

I am having leftover taco salad, but I put some olives on it. I think that will pacify me.

I have some zucchini, chicken breast, onion, green chiles and olives I plan to make an enchilada type dish with. I won't be adding cheese and of course, no tortillas, but I'm going to mix it up in a pot and pretend I am having enchiladas.

How long is it supposed to take for my body to start burning fat instead of carbs? It's day 6, and I wonder if it's doing it yet?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oooosparklies View Post
    It sure was, Hedonist.

I just cooked a Take N Bake pizza for the kids and it smells suuuuper good. I haven't eaten in five hours so I am STARVING! But I ain't gonna touch the pizza...nope, not gonna do it.

I am having leftover taco salad, but I put some olives on it. I think that will pacify me.

I have some zucchini, chicken breast, onion, green chiles and olives I plan to make an enchilada type dish with. I won't be adding cheese and of course, no tortillas, but I'm going to mix it up in a pot and pretend I am having enchiladas.

How long is it supposed to take for my body to start burning fat instead of carbs? It's day 6, and I wonder if it's doing it yet?
    Some people get over carb cravings in 3 days, others take longer. Since you are being strict about food, it shouldn't take too long.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I think the weekend was overall successful - it was very very busy with a lot of activities at home and with the kids! I did have one small "cheat" which was that cake I insisted I wasn't eating! I am back on track.

I ordered my copy of Primal Blueprint and will get it from Amazon on Wednesday Woohoo! I am so excited. I can't wait to read it and make sure I'm doing this right!

Just had a plate of chicken, spinach, olives and green chile sauce. It seems to be a weird combo but was good. I've been super hungry today - I think because i did a morning workout on my legs.

Day 10. 3/9/2011.

I really think I can do this. I WANT to do this. Forever. I feel really good today. The tiredness has disappeared today. I feel good!

I have noticed, and my hubby has commented that I am a little forgetful lately. I hope this is a temporary side effect which will subside.

I have also been thinking I want to get my 3 kids primal as soon as possible.

I received my copy of the book and am reading it. I AM skimming some spots because I'm eager to get through the whole thing, but I will definitely go back and read it properly.

Whoops... I think the two week point broke me. I had some popcorn and about half a cup of diet soda at the movie theater... as well as a twizzler (or two) . That really kind of derailed me because I had a real hamburger the next day (I didn't eat it all at least), and a treat from Starbucks.

Darn you, evil carb devil. Today is a new day, though, and I enjoyed my broccoli and two boiled eggs for breakfast. I have my chicken, orange, avocado, strawberry salad ready to go today as well as tons of grilled chicken and veggies in the fridge. I need to prepare some "on the go" snacks because leaving the house is where I screwed up!

I will just consider this starting over.

Day 1. Again.

Sick!

I am just getting over a terrible case of strep throat! I seem to get it if anyone within a mile radius of me has it. It was pretty bad by the time I dragged myself and my 3 kids to the doctor.

I ate like crap - what primal foods do you eat when you're sick? The old standbys - icecream, jello, etc. just don't seem right for Primal.

Today, I'm back on the plan.

Thumbs up I'm back.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I gave up Primal/Paleo shortly after my last entry. It felt too hard. I started looking into "easier" options, but they didn't give me results or satisfaction.

Why did I feel this was too difficult? I MADE it difficult. Demanding 100% perfection was a mistake.

I remembered why I enjoyed this way of life when I did it before - and recently downloaded 21 day body transformation to my kindle. I read it, and printed out the journal.

I totally suck at keeping the journal BUT I am on day 10 - as far as I made it last time, and this time is going so much better. I haven't felt tired like I did before. It only took me 7 days to get over my hunger (carb cravings) . I am crossing my fingers that's as true as it feels right now.

Exercise has to wait. Adjusting to the new way of eating is primary - because without getting that down, exercise is pointless.

So, although I am a little embarrassed that I didn't make it before, I know I am not a primal FAIL. I'm just a little wiser.

p.s. pesto on salad is heavenly - just discovered this today.