Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Almond Joy page

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member

Primal Almond Joy

I'm in love with Coconut and Almonds and when I need to indulge I'm all about some dark chocolate. Recently I was inspired by a very sweet Primal boy to put these things together because he likes them too! Thus is born the Primal Almond Joy. I'm sure its been done, after all, there are no new ideas, but I haven't done it yet, so here goes!
    I'm experimenting and this is my first go round with the recipe...

1 c dried organic coconut flakes
    1/4-1/2 c coconut cream
    2 tbsp coconut oil melted
    Mix all these ingredients together until thick a gooey, you can add a sweetener if you must but I opted out. Mix quickly and form into little logs because the coconut will absorb the liquids and firm up.
    Whole germinated dried almonds
    Place one almond on top of each coconut log
    80% or higher dark chocolate
    1tbsp coconut oil
    Break the bar of dark chocolate into pieces and melt with the coconut oil. This might take some tweaking, your goal is to thin it just a bit so it makes a nice coating.

Place coconut almond logs on a wire rack over a pan lined with wax paper, pour dark chocolate over logs coating evenly. Let set in the fridge for about 30 minutes, enjoy!
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

JulieME is offline Member
    Thanks for sharing! Love Almond Joy

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    This sounds so good, I want to eat this so bad! Almond Joys are one of the few candies I actively crave, this really excites me.

Tell your inspiration I said thank you!

SloGo is offline Member
    Sounds yummy! I think I can hear my tummy rumbling! I will absolutely have to make this as a reward for myself if I make it through W30 this month.

Thanks for sharing.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    omg I LOVE almond joys. question - can I just skim off the top part of the coconut milk and use that as coconut cream?/just use coconut milk?

@ imasin- Darlin', you can do whatever your heart desires. I made this up on a whim and therefore, it is yours to do with what you will. It would seem to me that your alternative would work, if you're cool with dairy you could use butter in place of coconut oil, you could even add some heavy cream to the chocolate and make a ganache instead of thinning it the other way. Run all up in it and make it your own lol.
    Denis Waitley

Quote Originally Posted by JulieME View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Love Almond Joy
    My pleasure, I find myself smiling a lot because of this treat the last few days. Gotta love the simple stuff!
    Denis Waitley

*Rachel* is offline Junior Member
    I did something similar to this a week ago. I just melted some really dark chocolate and baking chocolate in a double boiler, mixed in coconut flakes, and then poured it over some individual macadamia nuts on parchment paper and stuck it in the fridge. It hardened into delicious little coconut-chocolate candies, MmMMmmmmmmmmm!

Rachel, yum yum yum, in culinary school we actually had a 4 hour lecture combined with a 4 hour lab on nut barks. For real, 4 flippin' hours on melting chocolate and stirring in nuts. But I have to say, it was my most favoritest class out of all my baking classes.
    Denis Waitley

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All I got from that was that you spent 4 hours manipulating nuts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast