Thread: Does anyone here have experience cutting water weight fast for a weigh in? page

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member

Does anyone here have experience cutting water weight fast for a weigh in?

Shop Now
    How risky would something like this be?? A hot bath, dunking for 10 min at a time? - How to Lose 30 Pounds in 24 Hours: The Definitive Guide to Cutting Weight

Is there another effective, semi-safe way to do something like this?

I'm not a MMA fighter, but I am trying to weigh in as low as can for a one day thing. I know it's not permanent weight loss and I will rehydrate myself as quickly as possible.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    I've had moderate success with a death ray.

Gathwh is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about that, but I've found a little success on the appearance front with 24 hour fasts. I will not try that technique however just out of fear.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't read the entire article, but yeah, it can be done. I'm not saying it's a good idea. I was a wrestler way back when. I always knew I could lose 5 lbs a day with ease, and 10 lbs a day with some effort, so I can see 15 lbs a day. That being said, it is a bad isea and we were all lucky we didn't hurt ourselves. They would figure our lowest safe weight we could go to by doing some calculations and figuring what we would weigh at 4% body fat. For me that was 141 lbs which put my closest weight class at 145. Right after the match I would usually be up to around 155-160. Then I would start all over again. It was not uncommon to see me doing jumping jacks in the sauna while wearing a plastic suit. I think some of this is the reason I put on so much weight when I stopped wrestling. So, to wrap up my rambling....Yes it can be done, and No you should never do it.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    This is widely practiced in MMA and wrestling but unless you are being monitored or you are very experienced don't mess around with this. Force dehydration is never safe and there have been a few fatal cases, especially among young wrestlers.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Dangerous and stupid.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Dangerous and stupid.
    This is the perfect description of me in my younger days.