Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol- Where you at? page

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member

Alcohol- Where you at?

Shop Now
    I'm defo not a big drinker. Infact i hardly drink at all, strange for a 25 y/o but there ya go.

However, i did buy a damned good bottle of red wine last night, got through 2 glasses.

Now i have the issue of the quarter empty bottle staring at me from it's shelf. For me, it's not a problem having a glass a night, but when there is an open bottle it is difficult to leave it there for a few days without touching!

Anyway, what are your thoughts on wine, red, white, or other alcohol? I like the stuff

RobbieC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    Anyway, what are your thoughts on wine, red, white, or other alcohol?
    I'm a big fan. I love beer, red wine, and have a very special fondness for good bourbon. But I also know that I do the most harm to my body when I'm drinking. Really trying to limit the frequency and amounts that I do when I do.
    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    I try to drink one big glass of wine (red or white) every day. I love it too much to deprive myself of it and, gosh darnit, people keep telling me it's good for me! Pints of beer at a pub are a treat once a week or so. I just love the experience of hanging out at a pub, sipping a frosty pint and having great conversation.

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    where is the alcohol? in my liver!
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I used to drink a lot more red wine before PB. I have cut it out to help with weight loss, but had one glass last night and ended up with a headache this morning. I think I am a lot more sensitive to it now!

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    I love my red wine. I have at average 2 glasses per night
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    I love red wine. The dryer the better, specifically Merlot. I could (and did for a while) have several glasses everyday.
    But it is afterall, alcohol. So, it slows down fat burning. With my focus being on fat burning right now....wine is limited to once every great while.

Also, the good news about dry, red wine is that if you are following a ketogenic diet (which I am in PB)...it is the lowest carb of all alcohols. Dry reds have the least carbs. So, you can enjoy a glass (or three!) every once in a great while and not completely destroy your diet. The next morning when you wake...and enjoy your headache...you are still in ketosis.
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    NO! There was that article posted a while back (from Leangains) that suggested alcohol might actually assist fat metabolism!!!!!

At least... that's how I chose to interpret it.
    *pours another glass of Cab*

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I like an Irish and soda or a glass of wine, but it can interfere with my sleep, so I try to make it before 7pm. One and done is my alcohol mantra.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    i love red wine. The dryer the better, specifically merlot. I could (and did for a while) have several glasses everyday.
    But it is afterall, alcohol. So, it slows down fat burning. With my focus being on fat burning right now....wine is limited to once every great while.
    damn it! Lol
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast