Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol- Where you at? page 7

Primal Fuel
    Awesome..this is stupid of me,and I'm sorry for being nosey but do you mind explaining what your menu looks like? I've been told to eat mostly protein when you drink and no veggies or other carbs..which makes some sense but I'm interested to see how the "drinkers" menus look compared to ones that don't drink.

Ps- I was told to eat like that when drinking to avoid weight gain..

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Alcohol with starch post-workout is fine - it can help shunt glucose to glycogen in the muscles as opposed to the liver. Yes, it's best to avoid eating a lot of fat with alcohol, and also to avoid eating much sugar with alcohol too as the fructose in combination can put undue strain on the liver. Seems to work fine with moderate protein - I eat most of my protein at breakfast and lunch.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I drink red wine --- not every night, but generally around 4 nights per week. The more fit I become, the less wine I desire. I try to do my workouts in the evening, which generally ends in a 'no wine' evening and early to bed -- which is fine with me. I have stopped drinking Guinness (my fav in the summer), and my fav martinis are restricted to two per year (shaken, with olives, straight up!).
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

blissfull is offline Junior Member
    My indulgence of choice is grapefruit juice with vodka. Yum. I just don't drink it everyday.

Beer makes me feel bloated and full and wine is just not my thing although I have tried time and time again to enjoy it
    since I live in wine country.
    I have always liked grapefruit juice so this combo works perfect for me and is something I look forwards to having
    some evenings. I consider it a treat much preferred to a sweet dessert.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinC View Post
    NO! There was that article posted a while back (from Leangains) that suggested alcohol might actually assist fat metabolism!!!!!

At least... that's how I chose to interpret it.
    *pours another glass of Cab*
    Well - I was away for 5 days visiting my parents and during those 5 days my partner didn't drink any alcohol. And lost three quarters of a stone - just not having the usual 2 glasses of wine a day... So I might try it ...!

I know for a fact that cutting it out is the easiest way to drop a few pounds..but I've been doing this for 3 almost 4 years...I can't handle being sober all the time much longer! I feel like I've let this "way of eating" control too much & I'm ready to enjoy my wine again. But I'm afraid of the weight gain,so I'm trying to figure out the best menu for me to follow when I do drink..note, I don't plan on drinking everyday or getting hammered when I do but I guess I just want to be as primal & clean with everything else..if for no other reason so the guilt doesnt get to me too bad.. again I'm on my phone so if this is filled with errors, I'm sorry!

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley.thepie.rat View Post
    again I'm on my phone so if this is filled with errors, I'm sorry!
    I accept your apology.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I've been at this for a little over a year now, and I've lost a lot of weight without cutting out the alcohol, why start now? BRB, gonna grab a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    I accept your apology.
    Thank goodness..:]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast