Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol- Where you at? page 6

Neely is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I used to drink a lot before I started eating paleo about 8 weeks ago. Well what I call a lot would be about 3 pints of beer a day on average or wine equivalent, with maybe one day off in ten, so it added up to a lot. I would never go out and get 'smashed' but drink quality beers and take my time over them but it still added up. Since eating paleo though I have limited myself to about two glasses of wine/cider a week and I obviously feel a lot better for it. I'm not even that bothered about it at all any more - I think a lot of it was just habit. I do feel more affected by alcohol now though I think. I only feel about 80% the day after I have had two glasses of wine or cider. When I do drink a little it is only at weekends though. I have a bottle of red for tonight, though I will only drink half of that unless I decide to leave it all for another day, see how I feel later.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I don't drink that often but I'm not that bothered about the health consequences. I drink vodka, red wine and cider (not all together).

PaleoPanda is offline Member
    I've stopped drinking for the moment, due to health problems. It affects me quite badly when I do drink these days. But I do like cider and red wine.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Probably is the beer then - which explains why so many people I know look older than they are - beer drinkers every one of them. And as you say, highly carb-y food too!
    Seems to be true. I'm a wine drinker, and do overindulge sometimes, but have eaten low sugar for a couple of decades. I look around 10-15 years younger than my biological age.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    I'll drink dark beer and whiskey every now and then, and wine or mead a couple times a year, but I tend to keep the volume small since I'm prone to brutal hangovers. I used to drink a lot when I was younger, but waking up and feeling like I had been hit in the head with a sledgehammer changed that habit pretty quickly.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

bluepelican is offline Member
    I drink 3 or 4 nights a week on average. It's normally only a drink or two, although it occasionally turns into 6 or 7. I love good beer and refuse to give it up, although I do try to stick to bourbon as much as possible.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I love sipping tequila.. 3 oz about 4 days a wk.. My fave, of late, Tres Manos Tequila Anejo.

And you all can drink and still lose? Maybe not as fast,but you still lose? Or are you in maintaince? I'm thinking of adding more winet& rum to my diet but don't want to totally stop losing

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley.thepie.rat View Post
    And you all can drink and still lose? Maybe not as fast,but you still lose? Or are you in maintaince? I'm thinking of adding more winet& rum to my diet but don't want to totally stop losing
    I drink pretty regularly, and I still lose. Red wine or scotch for me, almost nightly.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I drink less than I used to when I go out, but I still drink and have been losing weight with PB anyway.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast