Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol- Where you at? page 5

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I love wine, but need to give it up to a glass every once in a while as my primary goal is weight loss. As long as you have alcohol in your body, it will burn it off prior to anything else as your body sees it as a toxin, therefore a priority to remove. I need my body to be burning through the fat!

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post

Rocco, your friends may look old for their age but I doubt if it is all due to drink. I have been told often that I look 8 or 10 years younger than I am - I reckon that wine acts as a preservative!!
    They don't drink wine, they drink lager 90% of the time. Pints and pints of it. Obviously to much refined carbs aswell, like bread, pasta, rice etc, but the beer really ages a person.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieC View Post
    I'm a big fan. I love beer, red wine, and have a very special fondness for good bourbon. But I also know that I do the most harm to my body when I'm drinking. Really trying to limit the frequency and amounts that I do when I do.
    Me too - all three ... and Bloody Marys, and Gin &Tonic, and very dry Martinis. But I've cut back a lot.
    Last edited by Lynna; 03-04-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    I'm defo not a big drinker. Infact i hardly drink at all, strange for a 25 y/o but there ya go.

However, i did buy a damned good bottle of red wine last night, got through 2 glasses.

Now i have the issue of the quarter empty bottle staring at me from it's shelf. For me, it's not a problem having a glass a night, but when there is an open bottle it is difficult to leave it there for a few days without touching!

Anyway, what are your thoughts on wine, red, white, or other alcohol? I like the stuff

Chocies chocies!
    You should have drank the whole bottle! Don't open good wine and not drink the whole bottle!
    Throw the rest down the tank!

My concern for you is that you admit having a problem with leaving the bottle to stare at you!
    Dude! either drink it or dump it!

10 years sober.... my advice... cease all alcohol consumption.

Dave

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    They don't drink wine, they drink lager 90% of the time. Pints and pints of it. Obviously to much refined carbs aswell, like bread, pasta, rice etc, but the beer really ages a person.
    Probably is the beer then - which explains why so many people I know look older than they are - beer drinkers every one of them. And as you say, highly carb-y food too!

crunchycon is offline Junior Member
    I have a glass (maybe 3 oz) of red 5 nights out of 7. DH loves a beer at night; I keep trying to remind him that it comes from grain, but he's Irish, so ....

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinC View Post
    Yes, man. That was the article I was talking about. I just quickly scanned it but have it bookmarked to read more in depth later (with a glass of wine). I don't really care too much about fat loss, to be honest, but I'll look for any way I can to justify my wine consumption to naysayers. *grin*

Check this out....I had 1.75 glasses of wine last night (I had an open bottle...it was oxidizing..I had to finish it off!) and weighed this morning and I was 2 lbs down from my previous weighing. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me since going PB. So, Im contemplating a wine "flushing" being added to my lifestyle maybe once per week....
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Substrate is offline Junior Member
    I'm a huge fan of single-malt scotch (Laphroaig FTW) and good beer but literally every time I drink now I become extremely fatigued. Alas.

eisenreich is offline Member
    Scotch. Blended, single-malt, all good. I've noticed that when I do drink beer now, it hits me much harder than it used to, which I suppose is a good cost-saving benefit, since I usually only order decent beers.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Scotch and gin are my vices, usually no mixers, just ice (with seltzer as a side drink). I only drink on weekends.
    I'm trying to cut back, but it's far too easy to celebrate a good Friday or distract from a bad Friday, you know?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast