Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol- Where you at?

Shop Now
    i only cook with it.

i drink a glass of red wine two times a week, sometimes three. . . it goes quite well with a square of organic dark chocolate.

Any alcohol AT ALL interferes with my sleep so I right now I'm trying not to drink any, although I don't drink very often... never became a habitual drinker... and I'm 22 so you're not abnormal Rocco Hill! Or we can be abnormal together.

I do like wine though. And mojitos. :P

I like wine. I notice my tolerance is greatly improved on PB, I think it is the fat in the diet. BUT I do have a vacuum pump so I can close the bottle back up for the next day.

I got a wine fridge for Xmas so I feel obligated to fill it, but if I have it I drink it more but then I need to buy more to put in the fridge. Sigh. I need to go stock some cheap wine, all i have in there right now is way too expensive for me to be drinking this frequently

Red wine messes with my sleep, but white wine does not appear to.

I really prefer porters and stouts to wine but I am trying to save that for special occasions...like skiing
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Alcohol only interferes with my sleep when I abstain.

Ha Ha Lojasmo I hear you there! As a lifetime sleepwalker and talker ( I could literally work an entire restaurant kitchen shift in my sleep!) A glass or two of wine (I miss dark beer!) at night, sends me into deep sleep. I wake up rested and ready to face my day! I have been toying with the idea of giving up all alcohol to drop my last 5 lbs, but will I trade those lbs for waking up tired from my "night" work?
    I know this is psychological, I am a very emotionally controlled person. I function exceptionally while in a crisis, I don't ever panic or get emotional. While I am asleep, however, I work through multiple issues it seems, which is probably entirely healthy.
    I "evolved" to never crumble, be emotionally destroyed, or helpless. (my upbringing is another story altogether)..I can not turn into one of those "mushy" people at this stage of the game, although I am very loving and affectionate. A good solid night's sleep is important to me.
    If I turn into a Zombie from sleepwalking and talking (I am always exhausted after one of those nights!), will that be beneficial to anyone? Probably not.
    But, alas I will experiment with 0 alcohol for a bit to see if it drops the last of my "stretchy baby belly"..although Hubby might not get ANY sleep.

canio6 Guest
    I have 2 drinks a week or so on average I would guess, but that hasn't changed since going primal. I have a beer once a month or so but it is a 32oz beer which I guess is technically three drinks, the occasional glass of wine and the rare scotch.

I wonder what moderation really means though? I had two glasses of red last night, and it did affect me in some way. Not badly, but i was less clear than usual. This is probably down to the fact that i just don't drink much at all. Last time i was drunk was probably middle of last year.

As i said, the problem with buying a great bottle of plonk, is that you just don't want it to go to waste. Hence one bottle in half a week. Still, i only do that once every few months i suppose, if that

Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    Any alcohol AT ALL interferes with my sleep so I right now I'm trying not to drink any, although I don't drink very often... never became a habitual drinker... and I'm 22 so you're not abnormal Rocco Hill! Or we can be abnormal together.

I do like wine though. And mojitos. :P
    Heh, when i look around at friends and people my age, i do feel alittle bit alienated. These guys are drinking pints everyday, getting wrecked 2 times a week. They do look pretty battered though. One friend the same age as me looks about 5 years older than he is, deep lines, inflamed skin, was once lean but now has a beer belly. Another is 30 but he looks pretty ragged, and that is from 7 or 8 years of heavy drinking.

Shop Now
    I drink wine regularly, and too much too often. I have decided to cut right back - not primarily for health reasons, though I might then get rid of the last few pounds that won't go, but financial reasons - I just worked out how much I spend annually on wine and it was too much.

Rocco, your friends may look old for their age but I doubt if it is all due to drink. I have been told often that I look 8 or 10 years younger than I am - I reckon that wine acts as a preservative!!