Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol- Where you at? page 3

darkersolace is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I do love a good pinot noir, but suring the week the Manthing and I don't drink very much so when we open a bottle, we try to finish it during the weekend.

I'm not a beer person, but I have a weakness for gin. At least it takes less of it to give you a nice buzz, and it's great with a Diet Sprite.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I love it, but don't drink very often, maybe once a month, once every couple months or so I'll have A beer or a couple glasses of wine, or a NK Strawberry Rita.
    What I'll reach for, in order of preference: Scotch neat, whiskey neat, Guinness extra stout, Guinness, NK Strawberry Rita, red wine (merlot, shiraz, cab), gin and tonic (but only if Dad makes it), water.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    I'm a religious red wine drinker. I'm trying to lose a little flab (not tons) so I do still drink red wine in moderation, and occasionally a cocktail made without a sugary mixer. DH makes a fab margarita with fresh lime juice -- so good in the summer on a hot day!

And during football season, I drink beer when we go to tailgaters.

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    aaarh, this is my weakness. Too much wine. We open a bottle probably 4 nights a week, Mrs M has a glass or 1 1/2 and I normally end up finishing the rest. I've cut right back on the beer but wine is too damn nice. And as someone said, life is too short to drink bad wine.

(and malt scotch of course, but that's more of a medicine )

nilaiha is offline Member
    I've never been a heavy drinker, but there was a few months back when I was waiting tables that I'd go out every night. That was a little over two years ago, and now it is pretty much that I only drink during group celebrations/parties, and I rarely get more than a few drinks down. Somehow, my gf's family decided I was a lush and got me several cases of beer for christmas, so I've been slowly working my way through them. A bottle every few days or so. I do have a thing for a good old fashioned though... (I haven't had one since going primal. They're most likely too sweet now anyway.)

the bacon hut is offline Senior Member
    I used to drink beer like there was no tomorrow but since going primal I switched to red wine. I'll drink one bottle a week, but I only drink on my weekend, so that's a bottle in 2 or 3 days. I'll have wine with my dinner. I bought a small wine rack that can hold 13 bottles and I put in my pantry since it's empty from getting rid of all the non primal stuff. It makes me look sophisticated when friends open up the pantry looking for Oreos and they find wine. I can't tell them anything about wine, but I can look like I know what I'm doing.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I drink 1/3 bottle of red (a large glass) with dinner each night. Preference is shiraz. Unlike others have reported, I've found that I can bust out on an evening out and drink well over a bottle without getting a headache. Haven't done that since the silly season. My alcohol consumption may be preventing me from getting ripped, but at my age it doesn't matter
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinC View Post
    NO! There was that article posted a while back (from Leangains) that suggested alcohol might actually assist fat metabolism!!!!!

At least... that's how I chose to interpret it.
    *pours another glass of Cab*
    I can't speak for many other people, but I seriously seem to drop 2-3 pounds after a couple glasses of wine... and it's not water weight. I just don't consume much anymore. I used to drink A LOOOOOOT. Since I started Primal, I can't handle more than 2-3 glasses of wine, and anything sweet (such as my favorite mead [melomel, technically], Oliver Black Cherry Mead) gives me a horrifically bad hangover.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    Since I started Primal, I can't handle more than 2-3 glasses of wine, and anything sweet (such as my favorite mead [melomel, technically], Oliver Black Cherry Mead) gives me a horrifically bad hangover.
    Even before I went primal, anything sweeter than a dry white wine gave me headaches. They'd come on before I even went to bed.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Wine is VERY good in moderation.

Currently, I still drink some ale.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast