Thread: Ketosis & Peeing A Lot... (Kinda TMI-ish) page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Ketosis & Peeing A Lot... (Kinda TMI-ish)

Shop Now
    So it's been a year of me being primal! ::WOOO!!!::

And now my husband and I are no longer living with his parents and I am in complete control of dinner! So I have been SUPER primal for the last week (after a good month of being naughty)...

Well I am now is FULL blown ketosis I have noticed that I am peeing A LOT!!! I remember now being like this when i first went primal too... Is anyone else peeing a lot while in ketosis...

And by a lot i mean... well yesterday 16 times and today so far 11...

It's super clear pee as well...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    For me, Ketosis = getting rid of any water that's hanging around compliments of glycogen.

I would assume that to be the cause as well, however, I also have to pee like a bloody racehorse the day before I come down with something.

For your sake, I'm hoping its the former and not the latter!

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    So it's been a year of me being primal! ::WOOO!!!::

And now my husband and I are no longer living with his parents and I am in complete control of dinner! So I have been SUPER primal for the last week (after a good month of being naughty)...

Well I am now is FULL blown ketosis I have noticed that I am peeing A LOT!!! I remember now being like this when i first went primal too... Is anyone else peeing a lot while in ketosis...

And by a lot i mean... well yesterday 16 times and today so far 11...

It's super clear pee as well...

Im in moderate to large ketosis almost always (as measured by the KETOSTIX)....and I pee literally once every hour. I have been this way since I started PB eight weeks ago.

I read that peeing during ketosis is good in that you are ridding your body of ketones....which are the by product of body fat metabolism....and eliminating any excess fluid in your body from your glycogen stores. So, peeing is good! Enjoy! You are burning fat....
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    Im in moderate to large ketosis almost always (as measured by the KETOSTIX)....and I pee literally once every hour. I have been this way since I started PB eight weeks ago.

I read that peeing during ketosis is good in that you are ridding your body of ketones....which are the by product of body fat metabolism....and eliminating any excess fluid in your body from your glycogen stores. So, peeing is good! Enjoy! You are burning fat....

that's what i was thinking and hoping... i mean, it feels good to pee... it's super clear...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

bighok is offline Member
    the first couple days doing primal i lost like 7-8 lbs of water and was peeing all the time. 7lbs =1 gal i believe

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Yep!

sanepsycho is offline Senior Member
    On a related but different note: I am female, and after carrying twins and a c-section I developed a "weak bladder". Road trips, an hour tops before I would have to make a pit stop. I am on the first name basis now with the woman who cleans the bathroom at our local Walmart because everytime I go there, inevitable pit stop and she is in there cleaning every time it seems.

The first week I went primal I peed more than my usual. About the 3rd week in we had to go out of town and it was that day that I realized I don't have to pee as much as I did pre-primal - I made the 1.5 hr. trip with no pit stop, and didn't even have to go when we arrived at our destination. I make it through Walmart now without going to the bathroom. I now wonder if my "weak bladder" was more related to grains or processed foods than it was to two babies sitting on my bladder.