Thread: Bad reaction/ Body REALLY hates legumes even more!?!? page

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member

Bad reaction/ Body REALLY hates legumes even more!?!?

Primal Fuel
    So I was eating dinner over my girlfriends parents house last night, and they are very primal friendly to us, but last night they made a fish centered meal with plenty of cod fish, some veggies, potatoes, chick peas, and beans. Now i sorted through the potatoes but i could not sift through the beans/ chick peas and i did not want to be rude so i ate most of them. I ate a lot of fish (it was after a 19 hour fast) and maybe a handful-large handful of chick peas/ beans. BUT, here is where things went wrong; after about fifteen minutes after dinner i felt sick, really sick. I just wanted to leave and i thought i was going to throw up. I ended up outside sitting on my car thinking i was going to throw up. I kept spitting but no throw up, just that strong feeling for at least fifteen minutes. I'm thinking this was a reaction to the beans/ chick peas since its been ages since iv'e eaten them. Could i of built up an intolerance to them? (i really don't care if i did, i would love to be able to honestly say that those things make me sick) Anyone else have any similar experiences?

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I know Primal is against beans/legumes/soy but I don't have a problem with them. I had a couple of eggs, 5 ounces of certified organic edamame topped with a tsp of EVOO and 5 ounces of raspberries for breakfast and I feel great.

I also eat homemade hummus without any issue.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Chickpeas hit me harder than grains do for some reason. And I used to be an avid hummus eater.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Legumes have anti nutrients called lectins. Since giving them up, I feel much better.

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Legumes have anti nutrients called lectins. Since giving them up, I feel much better.
    I still eat libanese food on occasion. That includes that chick pea & sesame paste. (Hummus).

Ate some mung beans last week (they were in a chili) and had no problems (they had been soaked before cooking though).