Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Under active thyroid questions page 2

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fiona~ If you do a search for magnesium on the forum, I believe there are several threads. Also, if you are patient enough to search through the Vitamin D thread, there are some pertinent posts there, too.

ps Can you edit the title of this thread? You may get more helpful feedback!
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 03-03-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Cool on getting everything checked out. Just make sure when you get the thyroid testing to get Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3 checked (as well as TSH), and you may consider getting an adrenal test or at least ask the naturopath about it.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Dragonfly- How do I edit the thread title and what should I change it to?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    If you click the first post and hit "Edit" then"Advanced" there will be a box near the top where you can change the title.

I was thinking about "Magnesium deficiency?" But really fine to leave it, esp if you think there may be some thyroid involvement...

Phaedrus is offline Senior Member
    This stuff is awesome;

Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality Natural Calm Raspberry Lemon Flavor 16 oz

I was starting to experience some of the same symptoms and my wife got me to start on it. She's been taking it for years and suggested that all my coffee is leaching the vitamins & minerals from my body.
    Brad

late onset type1 diabetic 4-27-10 @ age 30

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Some of your symptoms sound like thyroid but some def. sound like adrenal fatigue. Here's a "scorecard" describing adrenal and thyroid symptoms:
    Metabolic Symptoms Matrix

The wrinkly fingertips are a lesser known adrenal symptom and the breakouts around the chin can also be (since adrenal hormone dysfunction quickly affects female hormones).
    The sleep pattern is classic low morning cortisol/high evening cortisol. See if your naturopath will give you an Adrenal Stress Index (ASI) saliva panel (with 4 collections over 24 hours).

If you get thyroid tests, make sure you get thyroid antibody (TPO and TAb) tests (anything over 20 is positive by functional medicine standards). Too many docs don't test this and too many people fall through the cracks because of it. If it comes back positive, please check out New Book on Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's by Datis Kharrazian, DHSc, DC, MS

Thank you so much for the information!!

Going by those links, it's looking like adrenal fatigue for sure. I quit smoking two weeks ago, my diet is very clean.. I definitely need to get more sleep but my husband keeps me awake by moving around at night. I haven't had an unbroken night's sleep since we got together four years ago, it drives me mad. I have vastly reduced my coffee consumption from about 6-7 cups a day to 2 in the morning, will these have to got too?

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Fiona, I have been trying to figure out my strange little medical mysteries for years, some of which sound like yours, and became convinced that magnesium deficiency was my prob (had even tested low in the ER once with heart issues). Well, I just had a tissue mineral analysis done through the mail, which I had ordered way back when I was on the Fat Flush program. I got the results yesterday and it said that I have an underactive thyroid and adrenals and too much calcium AND magnesium because I'm not absorbing it possibly due to the thyroid and adrenal probs. I've always heard the TMA things were bogus but it reads like a health biography for me. Even addresses the blood pressure probs I've had on PB, the heart symptoms I've had on and off for years, etc. So while your problem could be magnesium, there could be a reason why you are not absorbing it properly.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Shat. It definitely sounds like I need to get everything tested. So what's your plan of action going to be for your problems?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast