Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone into preparedness? page 2

Grok is offline Senior Member

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Even if I were into it, which I'm not saying I am, I wouldn't tell you. Opsec and all.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    we recently had a very informative thread about this. does anyone remember the title?

ah, here it is.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 03-03-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    I recently read One Second After and it really freaked me out. Esp b/c it takes place 'round these parts. I've definitely started thinking about preparedness a lot more...the hubs was happy because I told him we need to beef up our gun and ammo supply LOL
    Yeah, I read it a while back. I may be really naive, but I don't think there will be roving bands of cannibals. However, it did drive the importance of good medicine home. And I don't mean stock up on pills as much as I do learn plants, learn how to make medicine, and get comfortable with alternative remedies.

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    +1 for the preparedness. I'm still starting on my preps, but I decided to make a blog out of it while I was at it. So the primal prepper was born
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamo42 View Post
    +1 for the preparedness. I'm still starting on my preps, but I decided to make a blog out of it while I was at it. So the primal prepper was born
    Well, I'm watching. Love the pemmican videos, may have to go hunt down the one on how to make the dehydrator.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Yes, my BOB was recently stripped of grains and I added some nuts, I'm more into the concept of homesteading so I've done a lot of research on gardening, holistic remedies, raising meat etc. Theres a lot of way to be prepared, I feel like being primal is just another way of practicing those survival skills!
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    My plan is not so much to store, but to become sustainable.

I'm very into preparedness, and that includes several different aspects. Switching over to a paleo diet was one of the first things actually, as the most common type of emergencies are financial and then medical in nature. I'm working on the finances, and the diet and lifestyle changes are to improve my health and minimize risk of disease.

Storing foods will play a role, but I've already moved my family to a plot of land far enough from population centers to limit certain types of disasters, and large enough to support a rotation of year round crops. I also plan to raise chickens and maybe rabbits, or other small lifestock to become as self-sufficient as possible. We're on a well, so water isn't a problem. We're getting solar, so power won't be a problem.

My goal isn't to simply survive a disaster, but to pretty much continue living my life exactly the same as before.

canio6 Guest
    I was planning on starting a roving pack of cannibals so if you all would be so kind as to PM me the grid coordinates of your primal disaster abodes we'll stop by...

Sadly, in truth, that would probably be my best bet. I am embarrassingly unhandy when it comes to butchering, farming, growing etc. I can shoot but beyond that, yeah, I am dead.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I was planning on starting a roving pack of cannibals so if you all would be so kind as to PM me the grid coordinates of your primal disaster abodes we'll stop by...

Sadly, in truth, that would probably be my best bet. I am embarrassingly unhandy when it comes to butchering, farming, growing etc. I can shoot but beyond that, yeah, I am dead.
    haha, as of yet all i have is a little rice, cashew butter, and salt. i'm PLANNING, but have not yet implemented much.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast