Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good primal travel food? page 2

nopie is offline Senior Member
    You can make your own Jerkey in your oven or even better if you have a dehydrator. I've done it with regular and ground beef, it was tasty, and not a crazy amount of effort.

Also along the same lines- Kale chips. Super easy to make in the oven and travel well.

When I travel for work, I usually fast through breakfast and lunch and then go out for dinner and get a steak. But I'm not usually gone all that long, and work pays haha.

If you are brining a cooler, I agree hard boiled eggs are a great idea- and you can make a ton of them in advance very easily. I'm also probably in the minority here but I'm into eating cold (cooked) meats. I would totally bring cooked chicken breasts and steaks in ziplock bags or tupperware and eat them. Or cold cooked ground beef with guacamole.

Fufuhead is offline Member
    A lot of stores sell fresh steamable produce in bags, like broccoli that is already cut and you just put the bag in the microwave for 3-4 min.
    I don't know if you do dairy, but my go to cook-in-hotel-room meal used to be cottage cheese on top of a baked sweet potato with a big side of steamed broccoli or other veggie, topped with butter or coconut oil.

To cook any potato in the microwave, wash, stab a few times with something sharp, microwave for 5-7 min small potato, 6-8 medium/large potato.

Also, the flavored tuna right out of the pack is delicious, but read the label. I almost bought the spicy thai flavor and then noticed it had soy and wheat!! wtf!
    My Primal Journal

Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Lots of great suggestions! A bit of a warning on the jerky thing: many of them marinate in soy sauce which is not gluten-free. It obviously contains soy, too, but some feel that it's not so bad being fermented.

If you have a mini-fridge, you can precook meals and put them in serving size containers. If you're concerned about the time between your home and the fridge, freeze them and put them in a cooler. Get some salad stuff, and all's good.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lots of good suggestions. I usually use cold meat cuts and mixed salads along with dried haddock and butter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12