Thread: Have You Ever Heard of Saviseed? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Have You Ever Heard of Saviseed?

Primal Fuel
    A lady e-mailed me a few days ago asking about saviseed. It was the first time I heard of it and thus did some research on google. It does contain 7 grams of omega 3's per one ounce serving and has less omega 6's. It has 8 grams of protein and only 5 grams of carbs - all fiber.

I am sure it has lots of vitamins and minerals too. So, has anyone heard of it? Is it safe to eat? Any toxins we should be aware of?

Thanks!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Never heard of it. Here is an interesting chart comparing it to nuts and meat:
    SaviSeed FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Though it doesn't say one way or another, the O3 is probably ALA, which isn't very well accessed by humans. Plus, total PUFAs, even O3s should be limited as they are very prone to oxidation (much more so than MUFAs and SFAs). I'd rather limit my intake of O6s and eat fatty fish or take fish oil to keep my O6:O3 ratio balanced.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    Though it doesn't say one way or another, the O3 is probably ALA, which isn't very well accessed by humans. Plus, total PUFAs, even O3s should be limited as they are very prone to oxidation (much more so than MUFAs and SFAs). I'd rather limit my intake of O6s and eat fatty fish or take fish oil to keep my O6:O3 ratio balanced.
    +1. Plant-based O3 has no proven benefit
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I tried a sample of them at the organic grocery store today, and I was not all that excited by the taste of them (although my partner says he liked them). I'd prefer to get my O3s from fish.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Its actually called Sacha Inchi, I believe, and its delicious and strange. Its a really fun snack. I don't know about the absorbtion of the O3 and whatnot... I just know I love the weird toasty dryness of it. its been like a year since I had any :C
    Little Saiyan

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    +1. Plant-based O3 has no proven benefit
    Is this true of ALL plant sources of O3, or just flax?

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the responses guys. I was thinking the same thing. I always understood that ALA had basically no benefits which is why I avoid nuts outside of macadamias for the most part.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A serving also has 4.3 grams Omega 6.