Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY digestive issues page

milkycereal is offline Senior Member

MY digestive issues

Shop Now
    (I didn't want to jack that other person's thread)

I'm constipated, and im 90% sure its because I eat alot of meat. I don't want that meat sitting in my colon for too long.

I eat plenty of veggies (usually a half a bag to a full bag of salad every day, other veggies range from a a few pieces of pepper/onion for flavor or a whole bag of greenbeans/brocolli)

yesterdays food hasn't come out yet...so I think i definatly have to cut down on meat.

I need 120+grams of protien to add muscle, should I buy some whey to give the pipes a break?

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    hmm......take a chill pill....you dont need to s*it everyday.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Dysbiosis is more likely. Are you eating enough fat? Did/do you have symptoms if you eat fruit? Too much fiber can cause constipation as well. Any supplements?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    It's really cool, as Mal said.

If you are uncomfortable, you can either:
    Up your water or
    Up your fat or
    Take some magnesium citrate. 200 mg pills and take as many as you need (probably ~600 mg) Everyone's different.

Imrotu is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    I don't want that meat sitting in my colon for too long.

I eat plenty of veggies (usually a half a bag to a full bag of salad every day, other veggies range from a a few pieces of pepper/onion for flavor or a whole bag of greenbeans/brocolli)

yesterdays food hasn't come out yet...so I think i definatly have to cut down on meat.
    Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables! - GNOLLS.ORG
    Uh, might be the veggies, not the meat....

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    First, define what you mean by "constipated" -- simply not needing to go does not fit my definition. Are your stools hard, and difficult to move? That's constipation, and could actually be caused by eating lots of veg (it sure did with me). If they're softer but not liquid, and come out easily, relax cuz you're in the clear. On the other side, if it's really soft and liquid/runny then you can be sure that your gut doesn't like what you're eating.

Imrotu, that's a great link, and said everything else I was going to. So, just one more time for emphasis: animal products are digested with very little waste, resulting in a reduced need to move our bowels. Plant matter produces lots of feces because we can't digest it efficiently or effectively, and so it has to go out the back.

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    I have a lot of digestive issues too! Whole leaf aloe vera helps a lot, there is a liquid and a capsule that I take daily. I totally agree that too much fiber can back things up, up your water too. In the morning, first thing I do is take a couple probiotics followed by a cup of warm lemon water.... then I have my coffee. I also find that if I do an IF either for a meal or anywhere from 12-36 hours that it gives my digestive system some time to rest.

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member
    People worry far too much about their poop. If it's mostly solid, doesn't hurt when it comes out, doesn't have blood in it, and it's brown, you're most likely fine.

Imrotu: thanks for the link! That's one of my most popular articles.

Imrotu is offline Member
    Thanks! I made a lot of people angry with that one on Facebook, but it's by far the most fun topic IMO.

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic article JS, thanks for sharing Imrotu!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast