Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They are out! page 2

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoi View Post
    What is the issue with toe spring?
    It inactivates your toes. If you've gotten used to using them for perception and balance, it will drive you crazy. It will also prevent you from developing a natural foot function. It's been over three years since I wore any shoe with toe spring. I bought the Merrells, because I need a hiking boot for mud or snow covered rocks, but that's all they're going to be used for.

Gordo

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich View Post
    This is a pretty comprehensive comparison of the two that I found useful:
    There are other reviewers that used the shoes as they were intended to be used. Look around.

Warning flag from the linked review: "I should note that both shoes were tested on very soft trails that provided me with enough protection to test and enjoy these shoes to the fullest."

If one is accomplished at barefoot-style running, there is no trail in the world too rough or rocky for either of these shoes. The reviewer is warning us right up front, which is very commendable.

Gordo

Lynna is online now Senior Member
    I bought 2 pairs of the women's Merrells - the Pace Glove and the Pure Glove - I really want to love the shoes, but I'm having issues with both. They are both uncomfortable over my instep and the Pace Gloves have a seam inside just below the ankle that rubs terribly if I don't wear socks.

I figured that someone is going to call me about my comments on the review. Here's a link to a reviewer that actually runs trail ultras.

Barefoot Running University Reviews

Gordo

brp
    brp is offline Member
    I bought some New Balance Minimus last week and love them. I been run/walking 30+ miles a week in my vff's and wanted something with a little more protection to run some tougher trails.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12