Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I exercising TOO much? page

kirbelaine is offline Junior Member

Red face Am I exercising TOO much?

Primal Fuel
    Hello Everyone
    I'm new to the Forum, and relatively new to the Primal Blueprint way of living. I've always been a healthy eater-relying more on protein than carbs, and a frequent exerciser-always looking to try something new. The hardest part about living the Primal Blueprint way of life for me has been the idea of cutting back on exercise...I have SO much more energy, and if you're like me, Exercise is my therapy-I LOVE it! So the idea of taking days off just doesn't appeal to me. I love pushing my boundaries, and am always willing to take a day or two off here and there if my body tells me it needs it, but at 25-years old, I just want to move!
    This being said, I also don't want to damage my body or overwork it, so what are your thoughts on the matter? I feel that if I have the energy and WANT to exercise, I should..even if it's just a few sprints outside for the day....other than that, I love this way of living, it's brought so much clarity to me, and my body has never felt better, stronger, HEALTHIER! I'm so greatful to have found out about this at such a young age, and plan to continue to follow and preach the Primal Blueprint for the rest of my very long life

xo
    kirb

SWO Life is offline Member
    If you want to do it, then do it. I'd say take the parts of primal that work for you and use them, but don't base your life around this website. If exercise makes you happy, then go exercise!

kirbelaine is offline Junior Member
    I agree SWO Life I completely support the idea of taking what works best for YOU and listening to your body. Thank you
    kirb

peril is offline Senior Member
    There is no limit on moving slowly or play. Just don't overdo the anaerobic exercise
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I lift more than is recommended and I have a tread desk where I walk between 5 and 10 miles per day while working. Hasn't hurt me yet and I am 40.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    It's hard to say objectively without knowing the type and intensity of your exercise, but if your energy levels and general feeling of well-being remain good you're in the clear. We're built to handle a certain amount of daily activity after all, and we can trust our bodies to tell us when we've had enough and need to rest. It's when we ignore those signs that we get into trouble.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Agreed with previous posters - if you enjoy and you feel good, keep it up! I, on the other hand, feel a great sense of relief on PB knowing that I don't have to continue killing myself with exercise all in the name of CW. Since starting PB, I take a couple of days off from exercise every week, and I don't stress about it any more. In my old days, if I didn't exercise on a given day, I would make myself feel horribly guilty about it and then also try to force myself not to eat much because I wasn't exercising that day. Silly me.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Like everyone else said - do what works for you and be your own guru!

Besides, overtraining is a myth.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Vick is offline Senior Member
    Al is wrong... over training isn't a myth. My sister-in-law went three time a week for sixteen years. Now she can't face going to the gym. She knows she will suffer by not keeping in shape, but she has lost the will power to continue. That is over training.

Keep it fun. Adapt... listen to your body, but keep it fun so you keep going back.

Reduce the intensity you can do it more often. Increase the intensity and you need more time off.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    You are not working too hard.

Work harder.
    ad astra per aspera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast