Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil - Mainstream Media Wises Up page

labeak is offline Junior Member

Coconut Oil - Mainstream Media Wises Up

Primal Fuel
    From the New York Times, March 2, 2011:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/02/di...R_HP_LO_MST_FB

Primal_VTHokie is offline Junior Member
    Hahahaaa, this is awesome. Sometimes I swear 20 years from now Primal will be mainstream.

Hey, a kid can dream.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    My daughter gave me some Friendship Bread glop and I decided to go through with the process. When I baked the bread, I used coconut oil and everyone at work raved about the flavor. Of course being winter, I had to heat it just a bit to liquify it for the recipe. Yeah, I did have a slice last night when it came out of the oven. It was yummy. I was able to resist today, though.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal_VTHokie View Post
    Hahahaaa, this is awesome. Sometimes I swear 20 years from now Primal will be mainstream.

Hey, a kid can dream.
    It used to be Conventional Wisdom when our grandparents were young. Maybe not all the stuff about pastured meat and frankenoils but then the meat they had was more likely to be mostly pastured and frankenoils weren't around yet. But our grandparents knew that starchy foods made you fat.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I was highly amused to hear it on Rush today, and Beck was talking about how bad GMO's are. It's a total food revolution!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    My daughter went for a check up this past summer and the doc congratulated her on lowering her cholesterol by 15 points, and asked her what she was doing differently. Daughter said: Nothing but using coconut oil and butter. Doc's reply: You shouldn't be doing that! Geez!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Tara is offline Senior Member
    There was also a blurb about coconut oil in InStyle, the magazine reaches SO many women, it's great!

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    It used to be Conventional Wisdom when our grandparents were young. Maybe not all the stuff about pastured meat and frankenoils but then the meat they had was more likely to be mostly pastured and frankenoils weren't around yet. But our grandparents knew that starchy foods made you fat.
    Yeah, my Mom used to tell us kids, back in the 50's, that if we avoided starches and sweets, and just ate our meat and vegetables, we'd never have a weight problem. It definitely was the CW of those days, even then.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Interesting article.

I note that Dr. Davis, at heartscan blog, is not on board with this, or saturated fats, either, I don't think. However he is on board with the "bread is evil" meme.

edit: I know that a lot of us have reported enhanced libido on the PB. I think Mark credits "lifting heavy things" for some of this, but Dr. Davis apparently credits cutting wheat from our diets for it. I've though sprinting was involved .

Regardless, I'm hoping CW will come around to Mark's view on saturated fats.
    Last edited by Sam Cree; 03-02-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was surprised the other day that Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 15-Ounce Tubs (Pack of 2) product was number one on Amazon in grocery. It's number 28 today, but it's been in the top 100 for 367 days now. Although at $13.82, with free shipping, it's a helluva deal!
    Last edited by Sharonll; 03-02-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: link didn't work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast